Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new inspection rules/laws?

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by hack500, Apr 21, 2006.

1. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I've heard rumors of there soon being tougher inspection rules and/or law changes. anyone have a link or a house bill# or senate bill# for this? or is it a CMR change from the registry?

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

What kind of Inspection are you talking about......

3. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

for where ? just in Mass or ?

wont be in IL i know

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Actually, I've heard rumor here in Jersey that we're going from 2 yr inspections to 4 yrs...

5. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

sorry, I suppose I should've been more specific.
    I'm talking about automobile inspection in massachusetts.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

One thing new..or two...

I learned the other day a new law was passed recently to raise the fine for having no inspection sticker or an expired one from 50 bucks to 75 bucks!..they also added another fine,for every month its been expired its an additional 50 dollars!..I heard this from the guy I get my stickers from,when I took my 79 C-10 in to get a sticker..I was glad no cops saw me driving it there-:eek1: -it expired last month!..

I have 2 more to get,one on my Ford expired last month too..my 82 K20's sticker expired in January..it hardly snowed,so I didn't drive it much..sucks shelling out nearly 100 bucks for a stupid sticker,when it does nothing to improve the vehicle...they dont check many things very well,and its easy to get around the tests(some guys sell stickers outright!)-- and most garages consider inspection bays a waste of time and money--they get little compensation for doing inspections(only 8 bucks out of 29 goes to the garage!)..and it takes an hour to get a sticker now,it used to take ten minutes..

My vehicles only went 1000 miles or less since my last sticker..no mechanical defects occurred since then..I feel the money would be better spent on gasoline and insurance..."safety" inspections are just a slush fund for the RMV,and maybe a few garages that get work from customers who's cars wont pass..other than that,no car in MA is "safer" because it has a current sticker on it, IMO....just another waste of our money..:mad:

7. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't know, inspections have forced me to fix my horn which I have used and many other things. My hazerd light just desided to stop working and I have to fix it for a June sticker.