Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new intake,carb,air cleaner..know it hesitates?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Mar 1, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

i have a mild cam in my truck and i just put in the new performer intake and 600 cfm perfomer carb and a k@n air cleaner and when i punch the gas it hesitates like it sucks air or somthing what could it be some poeple said i have to change me air fuel mixture but i dunno .....help?

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Check for vaccum leaks at intake or around carb base.

3. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

First, what carb do you have exactly. A Edelbrock 600cfm? OK, a Carter style or a Roch. Q-Jet style. Most likely you need to up the accelertator pump to a larger cc displacement or in the case of the Q-jet lower the secondary spring pressure.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

4. wheelin247

i have a edelbrock performer 600 cfm

5. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Carb should run ok out of the box. accelerator pump should be fine on a new carb. Did you set mixture screws and idle speed. I would say vaccum leak. Did you torque bolts on intake in proper sequence? Bolts on carb tight? Maybe timing but will usally mis a idle. check your plugs for lean condition (white). If one or a couple are white probuly intake leak. How does truck idle?

6. wheelin247

truck idles fine and runs good ,besides the hesitation the truck runs fine .

7. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Make sure your vacuum hoses are hooked up correctly. It doesnt have to leak to not run well. I had mine hooked up all backwards and it ran like SH!T. Its a simple over sight. I had full vacuum where it wasnt supposed to be and vice versa. Once I got it switched it ran great!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim