Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new intake manifold advice..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by XHitman396, Jan 30, 2003.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i am interested in a new intake manifold to go with the future cam and exhaust system, i know nothing about these things, and need all the advice i can get, im not going for JUST low end or JUST high end, so need good all around, and don't have 500 dollars to blow on it either, thanks...

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Weiand Stealth or Edelbrock Performer RPM. I have used both, and have had excellent results. I favor the Stealth over the RPM, as I had better luck with OVERALL performance (gas mileage, bottom end). However, the RPM is a great intake as well. I would lean toward either of those over the Action Plus or the Performer. Those are OK manifolds, they just seem to stifle power a bit, and the Stealth and RPM don't give up any 'real world' performance in the lower RPM range to the Action Plus and the Performer. Of course, there are other brands, these are just the ones I have used on a SBC and BBC. Hope that helps some! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd go with the Weiand Stealth. I personally don't care for Edelbrock.

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

offenhouser makes some nice 360* intakes as well and they cost about the same as the wiend but you can pick up an edelbrock rpm at your local auto parts store stay away from tunnel ram intakes or 180* intakes for what your looking for

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I am in with the Weiand Stealth manifold crowd. Like the Weiland a little better than the performer RPM. But the RPM is good also.
    You can get the Weiland with a matching Lunati cam and lifter set.
    Go to: holley.com to find out more info.
    Which ever way you decide to go. Anything is an improvement over the stock TBI manifold.

You should also have headers to get the most out of an aftermarket manifold. Its a waste of money to put on a performance manifold without headers/performance exhaust. In my opinion.
    If you want more power maby I can interest you in a set of heads.airfloeresearch.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    The stock heads on TBI suck

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

anyone have a link to an Offy website or a site that sells alot of Offy stuff? Thanks

Harley

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I went with a performer air-gap & love it, but then, not much to compare it to. I was trying to get my old tired 350 to make it through winter so it could be rebuilt... so its not like I could have made it run worse! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I went with the Holley Street Dominator, it was recommended by Holley Tech. I called them looking for a new intake and they now own Weiland and they recommended the Street Dominator for my setup. I have no complaints.

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

What kind of changes did you get from the Weiand manifiold? How was power, MPG afterwards?