Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Intake Manifold, and Cam

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

Oct 17, 2002
    Hi, I have a 89 blazer with a rebuilt 355 with tbi and a 700r4/241. I am looking for a new intake manifold perhaps an edelbrock one what series or model would you guys recomend? any good sugestions?
    Also i am wanting to put a bigger cam in some time this summer i was looking at the off-road/rv cams but am also not to sure what to be looking for this is my daily driver and more power would be welcomed as well as streetable manners.
    thank you for any help or suggestions :)

89 chevy silverado blazer
    10 bolts with auburn posi in rear
  2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dec 24, 2003
    I've just fitted Edelbrocks TBI performer inlet and their performer TBI cam and am pleased with them. They'll never set the world on fire but if you go for a bigger performance cam you're going to run into fueling/ECM troubles. I've got all the stuff now to start writing my own chips but at present am still running a stock chip and it's fine for now (still only got a couple of hundred miles on the new motor).
  3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    My first suggestion would be to get better heads.

Honestly, with the cam and intake, your heads are going to be (still) a huge restriction for performance.

Yes, it will cost more, but it is always something you can build on, BUT get better performance from immediately.