Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Interco Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DriveTime, Dec 29, 2001.

1. DriveTime

DriveTime Registered Member

Does anybody know about the new Interco TRXUS STS All-Terrains? I've looked at the tires on the website, but nobody at my local shop knows about them yet. National Tire has a 44x21x15 going for $330 - wider than a TSL or Bogger, and from the looks of the tread will last longer too. If anybody knows about these, please tell me a little.

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have been talking with Interco for some time about these tires. We are currently working a deal and I will be getting a set of either 38" Radials or 39.5" Bias. I plan to test these tires at Disney Oklahoma on the rocks. In taking to Interco, these tires are really built for Snow and Sand while retaining the On Road characteristics people are looking for in an All Terrain tire. Believe me, these tires have all the makings of a real off-road tire. They have thicker tread and sidewall plys than most Good Year and BFG and other brands of these types. The reason for Interco skipping some of the popular sizes (35",36",37"...) is because they want to compete with tire manufacturers who make the "balloon" style tires sold to the people in snowy/icy climates. You have probably seen pictures of lifted Land Cruisers and Foreign 4x4's fitted with huge tires which "float" over the snow and ice. They also wanted to make a tire which was aggresive enough for those grocery getters (XJ, TJ, YJ...) hence the smaller sizes. We are not exactly sure about a ship date, my set will come straight from the mold. Look for more information in the future from me. I will test these in all types of terrain local to me. Email me and I will keep you on my reminder list to pass on the info. npickett@toast.net

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

3. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i've seen them at elias 4wheel drve center in Mass, the dude that owns the place says theey would be a good tire for me (mud and some trails), but i dunno he was gonna get me a set of 33's but i kinda want 35's.......

hola

4. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

WOW! I just looked at Interco's site. I didn't even know about these tires yet. I'd be real interested in how they handle the mud. They don't seem to be real aggressive for the slop, though, but I do like the 38" size for 16" wheels. I wish they'd make the SX's in a 38 for 16's.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton