Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Jersey Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Oct 8, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anyone in Lakewood, New Jersey? There's a Chevy dealer called Pine Belt Chevrolet on Ocean Avenue. I'm thinking of buying a truck they have for sale but I'm in England so know nothing about the dealer. Are they a good reputable dealer? I don't want to fly out and find I've bought a piece of junk from some crooked back street dealer. Their web stuff looks impressive but if someone knows of them I'd really like to hear from you. I'm prob doing the deal over the phone mid morning today your time so any help before then would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. nitro1253

nitro1253 Registered Member

pine belt is one of the biggest dealers in the area. they are very good and i have bought from there before. good luck

3. southernspeed

Cool thanks. Looks like Newark is the closest airport correct? Any idea how far the dealership is from the airport? Is it like a taxi ride or should I hire a car? Thanks.

4. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

i think newark to lakewood is about an hour or so.

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I have had good luck with them to. I can get there in about 10. If you want more pics or ???? PM me. no problem helping you out mike

6. southernspeed

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

they are around the corner from my job.. have no idea of reputation, being that i don't buy new vehicles.. i use their parts department for K5 stuff when i need it and have been happy with em..

if i can help you check it out in anyway, let me know.. i drive by there nearly daily..

8. southernspeed

Thanks. Deal is done. I'll fly out Monday or Tuesday week and pay the balance and sort out the shipping. Can't believe I'm flying all that way for one or two nights!!! but too busy at work to stay longer!
    Thanks for your help guys...yet again CK5 proves itself as a diverse and priceless family! :D :D

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Oh come on one of You Jersey guy's needs to give Mark a lift and put Him up for the night. The kids would have fun making fun of the way He talks :D

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

dumb question...

How are you going to get the truck back to the UK??...Pontoons?? :haha: --or do you have to use a cargo ship??--that must be pretty costly?? :eek1: ..just curious! :crazy:

I wish they had a plane like the military cargo ones you could just drive your truck in and drive out when you get to your destination,like a ferry boat!..that would be cool--but I bet a new truck would cost about the same as the plane ride would!.. :doah: :crazy:

11. southernspeed

Damn...you mean those Dodges don't float?? :doah:
    I'll ship it back ro/ro on freight ship. It'll cost me about $1700. Unfortunately as I need a plane ticket in a hurry it's going to hurt...somewhere around $1000 return I reckon, I find out tomorrow!

12. southernspeed

The way I talk???...wait till they get a load of how I walk!! :haha: Just kidding!

13. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I'm guessing that the reason for buying a truck over here must be because they don't sell what you're looking for over there :confused:

14. diesel4me

yipe!

A thousand bucks just to fly back to england??!! :eek1: :tongue1: :screwy: --I think I'd stow away in the truck,and ride the cargo ship home! ;) --pack several days worth of peanut butter sandwiches and a case of bottled water in the truck,and have a long nap en route!.. :crazy:

15. southernspeed

A dealer over here would want something like £35000 to £40,000) for a that truck (about $60,000 to $70,000!!!) (used)
    By the time I land that truck here (paid $27000 for it there) it'll stand me in about £25,000 including the 22% import duty, shipping, 17.5% tax, flights and hotels.
    That's why I'm buying from you! :D
    Oh and this is what I bought! :D

webimage001l.jpg

16. southernspeed

I tried flapping my arms and flying back but I kept dropping my beer. :doah:
    (sorry.... English humour! :D )

17. 79_hootie_k5

79_hootie_k5 Registered Member

So what did you buy?

18. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

That's a lot of money, so I can see why you want to come across the pond for a short visit :D I didn't know there was that much money difference in trucks between there and here..

What are the specs on the truck you're coming to get ?

Maybe a couple of the local NJ guys could meet you for dinner or something and help you enjoy your visit :D

19. diesel4me

Nice!!.

Dude!..Does that thing have a HEMI??? :D :haha: (or a Cummins?) :bow: ..looks nice!...I still say I'd live in it and ride the cargo ship back to England if I were you.. :p: ..

I never knew vehicles are so costly over there- :eek1: -I guess we are lucky here,though it doesn't feel that way sometimes..I know fuel is very costly over in your country..but we are catching up fast!..its no wonder everything over there is diesel,or small like Mini's!.. :crazy:

20. southernspeed

It's a 5.7 hemi, 5 speed auto, tow package, sport package...most of the Daytona spec stuff. Cloth not leather but I can live with that. Pretty well loaded I think. :D
    As for guys meeting me...nice idea but I'll be a grouchy jet lagged guy with a funny accent! Prob not good company!! :D
    Anybody local want anything brought over?