Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelnut46, Dec 5, 2001.

1. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

I just bought my first GMC Jimmy and I am new to this message board. The Jimmy is a pretty much all original 1977 with not much rot, solid floors and the usual wear and tear. I bought it from a retired neighbor who was the 3rd owner and had it for about 10 years. It has never been plowed or seriously off roaded as far as I can tell. I bought the Jimmy to replace my rotted and dented 1988 toyota 4 Runner. It will be my daily driver. My other cars include my wifes Saturn, A 67 Chevelle 4 door with 26,000 original miles and my pride and joy, a '46 chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Wish me luck with the Jimmy and I look forward to chatting with you all in the months ahead.

2. SKI-'84K5

SKI-'84K5 1/2 ton status

congrats, 77 what a year, they say some of the most intelligent people were born in 77, but seriously hope you like your jimmy sounds like you got a great deal with lil to no cancer on it, good luck

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

welcome to CK5. Sounds like a good rig ya got there...now its time for the full 1 ton conversion, 454, 39.5s and some MAD wheelin!! ;)

Jason

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

welcome aboard

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?