Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Job (Harley Shop)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Mar 27, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

So I finally found a sort of promising looking job for a college student. I started working on a friend of a friend's bronco, its an 83. The guy owns his own Harley shop but it would cost him mucho $ to work on his own truck vs the harleys. So I do his mechanic work, hey its perfect for a M, W, F, Sat job in the afternoons that fit around my college schedule of 17hrs. Get paid like $10hr for work on the truck and $7hr for cleaning up in the shop. Last week, he was so impressed with the work on his truck, he offered to take me in the shop and teach me to work on bikes if I was interested....Who could pass up a offer like that? So soon I'll have some exp. under my belt working on Harleys....he builds bikes from the ground up, so you could say he knows a thing or two...I've fallen in love with my new home (the shop) complete with $20,000 of Snap On and mac air tools, shop press drill, hydrolic press, small sand blasting parts booth, parts washer, tire changer, 50gal compressor, w/150ft of air hose, etc etc etc....all free game for me to use, next week comes in a argon cable fed welder.....hum...I am really like this so far....I think it could be useful job experience in the future, I am already thinking about a bike when I can afford it.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal,

Congrats,
    John /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif