Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjbear, Jun 7, 2004.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I was so happy I had to post it. I just got recalled! I didn't get my old position back but the new one has the same pay and benifits. I am going to be working in an avionics back shop. That means fixing radios, indicators, mics, in-flight entertainment stuff, ect.

I got a phone call last week and had to take a test. It had all kinds of fun transistor theory stuff on it. Wow, it has been a long time since I've had to deal w/ that. There was also a lengthy interview. The interview went great and the test went OK. I got a call back a few days ago but I didn't want to get to excited untill I knew for sure. Well, today I got a certified letter letting me know I had the job.

Now the hard part will be jugling it all. I went back to school when I got laied off. Work will be 8 hrs/day 5 days/wk and school will be 6 hrs/day 4 days/wk. Looks like not much wheeling this year.

Guys that are looking; "keep the faith".

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was so happy I had to post it. I just got recalled! I didn't get my old position back but the new one has the same pay and benifits. I am going to be working in an avionics back shop. That means fixing radios, indicators, mics, in-flight entertainment stuff, ect.

I got a phone call last week and had to take a test. It had all kinds of fun transistor theory stuff on it. Wow, it has been a long time since I've had to deal w/ that. There was also a lengthy interview. The interview went great and the test went OK. I got a call back a few days ago but I didn't want to get to excited untill I knew for sure. Well, today I got a certified letter letting me know I had the job.

Now the hard part will be jugling it all. I went back to school when I got laied off. Work will be 8 hrs/day 5 days/wk and school will be 6 hrs/day 4 days/wk. Looks like not much wheeling this year.

Guys that are looking; "keep the faith".

[/ QUOTE ] Amen, brother I just got a job with an outfit that hauls soda ash, pays good and good benni's and work is easy. I went almost 5 months looking for a god job, it's scary that a guy like me had to look so hard to find a job. but atleast I got a job, a good one. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Congrats, hopefully I can say the same thing at the end of the week! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Way to go!

Still looking myself...

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Congrats!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif After taking a year to find a job I know the joy of finally getting that confirmation.

Funny how people hate working until they don't have a job then miss it like hell!

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Good for you brother, GOOD FOR YOU!![​IMG]

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Way to go Jim!! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

rene

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Thanks guys. Good luck to thoses still looking.