Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Job!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'North Region' started by Paxx, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Well everyone I just wanted to let you all know that my truck is about to take a giant leap forward. I just got a job from Precision Drilling which means I'm gonna be making the big bling! For those that don't know Precision is the largest of the oil/gas drilling companies in Alberta. I had a friend who on his first hitch went in for 5 weeks and came out with $13000! :grin: I'm pretty excited. My dream truck project should be finished by BB05 this year as long as the spring break up doesn't last too long.

Well just wanted to let you all know the good news:cool1:
    ~Max

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yup, the money you can make on the rigs is outstanding. However, and don't take this the wrong way brother, if you've never had a REAL job you could be in for a little shock. I've been pipelining for 16 years, and I wouldn't last 2 weeks on a rig. The hours suck, the locations generally suck worse, and the majority of "career" rig workers are a hard, callous men.

Good luck, though. A close friend pulled in over 85K last year. Of course, he had no life, but the big coin was worth it for him.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No offense to your friend Paul, but $85K ain't enough for that job. I can find enough ways to make that kind of money without having to go do that work. When it pays as good as Max says there is a good reason for it. Like you said, crap hours, brutal work and a schithole location...with the scum of the earth as your co-workers.

Anyways, good luck Max! :)

Rene

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Sorry, I should have been more clear. $85K was his NET, not his gross......:yikes:

The dude payed half of his mortgage off in 13 months, and if all goes as planned, he's gonna clear up the other half this year. I can honestly say that I've never heard of a 2 year amortization before!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Regardless, I'm with you on this one, Rene. Quality of life beats money every time.

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice job paxx.

i new as soon as you said it you would have to be a tough guy to do that job.

i wouldent want to do it for long but a few years up there to pay off my dept, buy a house and then have the time to do a normal job and enjoy my famil would be an itraction, as long as they arnt neglected i would do it

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Congradulations Max, keep us updated on how it goes!! :)

7. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Yeah it isn't easy work but I have done just as sh!tty jobs for a lot less cash in the past. I just finished my first hitch and it wasn't so bad other than the crazy mud on the lease. Gotta love it though I made $2600 for 10 days and if it was not a camp job you could add $1000 to that total for a sub allowance.

The best part of it all was on my last day of my hitch I was working with the drill collar inspector who offered me a new job I'm going to jump on. He comes in and magnafluxes the threads on the pipes after a hole. He said it was a 10 hour job and he was getting $4500 for that job alone. He also told me it was his third job in the last 40 hours and he had so much work he was turning it away. He's making 50-65k a month! He offered to take me in as an apprentice. He told me that in one year I can expect to have my own truck and be pulling in $1200 a day. If I buy the truck myself (for like $100k) I will be able to make closer to 3k a day! I'm pretty stoked on this. The only down side to it is that for that first year I will only be a helper and be making $15/hr which will be a huge decrease in wages from what I'm at right now. But I have to look at the long term and bite the bullet.

His truck is pretty sweet too. He has a brand new duramax ordered custom from GM with a regular cab! no extended cab etc. It was sweet. He said he needed a shorter wheelbase to get around the rig leases better but still need the diesel power in the truck. I like it! He'll buy me one too. Well, he'll buy it for him and let me drive it to the jobs anyways lol. close enough.

But other than all that, I just came back home to pick up my 500 caddy for brown betty. Pretty excited about that.

Well i'll be around for a couple of days, talk to you all in a bit.

~Max

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome back Max!!

Rene

9. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

:cool1: Thanks Rene :thumb:

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sound great.

glad your likeing it, maybe you can get a pda with all you money so you can surf when out in the rigs!!!

11. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

nice max what rig you on

i just got back from a 5 week strech our rig is stuck in the mud so i'll be back for a bit spring breakups a bitch

12. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Yeah break up is a bitch. I started on 312 then went to 319. No permanent rig yet just floating around. Hopefully I'll start on a steady one soon. I need the cash lol.

13. highrider_44s

you were on 319 thats funny i worked on that rig during my week off i think it was the last or second to last week in feb i was there must of just missed you what do you think of that rig bit of a piece of junk ah whos crew were you on was paul you driller

14. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

lol yeah I had paul for a driller. the crew was alright but the rig sucked. especially the lease. Now Im out in red earth on 240. worst problem hole ever. were about to start reaming it out for the third night in a row lol.

15. highrider_44s

nice that always fun reaming when you coming back are you on a small rig now or what. we went out 4x4 the other day had 10 trucks out it was preaty fun called your house but you weren't there well give me a shout when you get back.