Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Job

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hey guys, my parts hauling thread was getting a little offtract so I will be more then happy to answer any questions here.

I am now employeed by US Door & Building Components. Rob (therobzilla) is now my boss :crazy: :D . I am working as a "Outside Field Coordinator".

US Door makes and installs rollup doors along with other products for the mini-storage industry and also commercial rollup doors. My job is to go out and Supervise & Coordinate the install crews (subcontractor), troubleshoot problems with installs, measure jobsites for installs, and whatever else is necessary in the field.

I am spending alot of time in the AZ & Socal area were most of our jobsites are. We have jobsites all over the western US though and also parts of Canada, Mexico, and Hawaii.

So basically I am still in the construction field just in a different area doing a different job. Sofar it is alot of travelling but the job is interesting and I am learning new things.

Harley

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That is interesting. A whole industry I didn't even know existed. I mean I knew about the doors, I just didn't know how they were done I guess.

That mean you're living out of hotel rooms?

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Good for you man . Glad things are working out for you :waytogo:

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It is very interesting. I knew what Rob did before I started working for them but I did not realize that the mini-storage was a huge of a business as it is. For indoor mini-storage we manufacture a bunch of different products for the installs. Walls, doors, unit partitions, kick plates, corner guards, metal ceilings, etc., etc., etc.

I am living out of hotel rooms. Eventually it will get a little old but it isn't bad sofar. I am actually in Placentia, CA (Los Angeles) currently.

In the last 2.5 weeks I have worked in

Highlands Ranch, CO
    Mesa, AZ
    Tempe, AZ
    Gilbert, AZ
    Victorville, CA
    Indio, CA
    Sacromento, CA

Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be working down toward San Diego. :crazy:

Harley

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sounds like you got a good thing going. Good for you.

6. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

If the boss ask to see you in the bathroom....

you have the right to say no.

:haha: j/k gratz on the new job Hoss. If your bored in SD lemme now. I could prolly get ya tickets to the Zoo fer freeeeeee