Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new, just saying hi

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by CumminsChick, Mar 27, 2007.

1. CumminsChick

CumminsChick 1/2 ton status

i'm new around here on ck5 and i thought i'd say hello and post some pics of my burby. she came to me barely running with stock axles and 17in tires! her specs are in my signature:

PIC-0015x.jpg

IMG_0481x.jpg

IMG_0220_2.JPG

snox.jpg

My cummins turbo diesel.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  2. CumminsChick

more pics

heres some mre (the engine above is my cummins to go in her)

oh and all you you wanting to see a chick's truck: this is one... i am building it i drive it, daily.

IMG_0607x.jpg

IMG_0604x.jpg

PIC-0019x.jpg

IMG_0208_2x.jpg

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Good lookin burb, and welcome! :D

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty sweet looking burb. I like the original "nutz" also.:haha:

5. CumminsChick

thanks! i am a construction engineer and a buncha my carpenters had them left over from ancor bolts and they sprayed em hot pink and put em on there so i'd have big nuts... i enjoyed it! :)

6. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's funny, I sprayed my front driveshaft hot pink cause my daughter liked it.:D So you have the pink nutz to match my pink shaft:haha: :haha:

7. CumminsChick

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

8. fendereff

fendereff 1/2 ton status

that is a nice burb. good call on the Cummins...i have the 6.2L in my burb and it is a dog! i cant wait to get a different engine. 1 tons are coming first though.

9. CumminsChick

thank you. i take a lot of pride in her (as anyone should with anything they've worked hard on) i catch a lot of hell for being a little female and driving such a big ugly truck, eventually she'll be white or grey with some nice bumpers and such. i do mosta the work myself, a buddy of mine helped out a lot with the axle swap tho.
    i am going with a 24V bc i got it free (with less than 12k miles on it) and i want the nv5600 vs the nv4500 but i like both. the twelve valve is an easier swap bc its also mechanical and requires less electrical junk. but i cant pass up a free engine, esp a cummins.

-bp

10. fendereff

fendereff 1/2 ton status

true true. my burb is white. i usually dont like white trucks but i really like old white burbs. i am fixin to put a strip of herculiner on the bottom foot running from front to back. Here are some pics of mine. If you look at the album called Tires, it will be the most recent. its going to look sick with that black stripe and will add body protection. im lookin to rebuild my rear bumper for better clearance, and want to add rear quarter panel protection too. white is a good color choice IMO

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=10703

EDIT: yea i can see people givin you crap for bein a girl. i know im not suposed to ask, but how old are ya? usually when a girl posts up on one of these boards with a sweet truck like yours, the guys are askin for pics ofher and not the truck...:D

EDIT AGAIN: sorry to hijack the thread...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  11. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Welcome to the jungle :bow: :bow: !

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome aboard. Always good to have more Burb lovers around.

13. CumminsChick

i'm 22. just a good ole redheaded country girl.

i have been planning on linexing the bottom rockers, as well. my bf's Cummins is red with linexed rockers and i liek the look as well as the protection.

14. CumminsChick

nice rig.
    mine came to me on her last leg (about 400k miles) and i'm slowly but surely getting her back to her livelihood.

15. fendereff

fendereff 1/2 ton status

nice! around here, when we see girls our age drivin trucks like that we just drool! lol

yea mine was about to conk out when i first got her too. still needs a little work. but its nearly back to full health.

have you ever flexed yours out? hw flexy are those superlift springs?

16. CumminsChick

what do you mean by flexed out? the superlift springs arent bad at all. i'm happy with them, they have improved the ride 100X. i've had her in some pretty interesting spots and they seem to do well for such a heavy and long truck. When i put the cummins and new bumpers on her i'll switch to a 8" lift in springs to accomidate the sag.

this is what she looked like when i got her for 1000 bucks and a straight through drive to and from south carolina with my mastiff and two guy friends!
    and a pic of me and my muddytruck. ( i jumped out and sank to my knees-my muck boots stop about 2 in below my knees....)

this summer i am planning: replace pass front quarter (already got), linex interior floor board, replace/paint/finish all trim, new headliner, build full console to accomidate CB and radio, new dash guages to accomidate cummins gages needed, seats, seat belts, some sanding on rear rocker, finish welding and mount my roofrack and spare on roof, light for rack.... and anything else i come up with!

P6110015x.jpg

n12905651_32710916_8592.jpg

17. fendereff

fendereff 1/2 ton status

18. CumminsChick

oh, that's what i thought. no i haven't. i've only had her out a handfull of times, and mostly muddy old trails on post. never had the oppurtunity to do that, but this summer i plan on it, i'll be in alabama camping with the horses and truck while i wait for my bf to graduate basic training and i will def play around with it then.
    i've only had the axles and lift under her for about 8 months and had the tranny out all last month rebuilding it so i've been driving the Cummins or the Ramcharger until lately.

19. fendereff

fendereff 1/2 ton status

ahh i see. good deal. that should be fun. how do you like those BFGs?

20. CumminsChick

i REALLY like them. the ramcharger has the same tires. they are quieter than any tire i've driven on the road (as far as muddn or offroad) and clean the mud out pretty good in my opinion.