Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEW K-5 CLUB, starting up in the new england area.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Jan 23, 2003.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

I have had enough interest shown in the posts, that i am going to put together a club. Right now i am in need of a name, and also some of the following places and event listings: Wheeling spots ( public and private ), 4X4 events, truck/ car shows, and any thing else you can think of. i think teh people who get in on this will have a lot of fun together. i know the december meet went over very well, and i hope to see some of the people that were there get in on the club. Please PM me with club name ideas, and i will compile a list of the appropriate ones, and post it as a pole.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> New England Big Dawgs! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

No.....EAST-Cal Big Dawgs!!! WAAAAAAAY East! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Sub-Zero Big Dawgs?
    Tri-State Big Dawgs
    Sled-Dog Big Dawgs?
    Lobster Dawgs?
    I'm out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. milspecjimmy

i kinda want to be unique, so i personally want to stay away from the "dawg" club. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif no offense to the current ones

5. milspecjimmy

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> How about Big Frogs? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font color>

7. milspecjimmy

shaggy you are a freak

8. milspecjimmy

i have a few ideas:

New England Offroad(er's)
    Northern Appilatian(sp) K5(er's)
    North East K5(er's)
    North East Offroad(er's)

9. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

i know its an old tv show, but how about Northern Exposure K5? hahaha or something that comes to mind would be sub-zero with this weather, hahaha.....events - summer nationals, every thursday at heberts candy mansion, and others

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

What about

North East Full Size

I think we should stay away from K5, as some people here don't have K5's....the last "k5" event we went to in PA, at Paragon, we left the K5 at home, and drove the Duramax..that's at least full size..

Brandy

11. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

hell yea the summer nat's are only like 160 days away......and every thursday at heberts...that might be pushing it for people in far away locations...how bout
    Nor East K5ers
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. FatBoyBlazer

Rusty K5er's............pretty much all the blazers in the new england area has either rust or a little rot....... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

If I can soapbox for a moment, I would recommend not using K5 or full-size in the name. I think by making it brand or size specific (even by name), you're needlessly limiting yourself. Even if it is all K5s right now, what if some poor guy in your area with a Yota needs to group to wheel with? There's no reason to cut him out.

14. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

North East Offroad sounds good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It's not brand specific either, which is good. My club has some friends somewhere in western Mass that wheel some insane trails, but I can't remember where they are. I think they're all part of a Zuki club?? You might wanna try to look them up. The trails are supposedly well known to the area so maybe someone on here already knows of them.

15. FatBoyBlazer

I know in the summer time they have hill climbs out in Munson, Ma. i think they're like once a month or so, i also might have another guy that's got a jeep that might be interested in the club, we've got some trails around my area.....not sure how legal they are but they are really fun......you need a nice turning suspension to get through some of the parts....we could also have meets in the summer up at Hamton Beach in NH and then at night go to the street night in Epping, and either race or just look on.........just some thoughts /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

count me in. i am always in the catskill area and will be trying to find legal trails in the catskill park soon.

17. milspecjimmy

hey fat boy (hehehe) i am up for a few hampton beach meets, and would love to go to epping. i have gotten my fair share of trophies from the street nights there

18. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

hey, even if my blazer isn't up to wheeling, i do have 2 quads too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. milspecjimmy

any objection to "Northeast Offroaders"? i like the name, and i also did a search, and found no other clubs by that name. who's up for it? i am thinking about having decals made up, and maybe t-shirts. ill sell these at cost, and for now that will be optional. i want the club to be free or as cheap as possible for members. all i care about is having any cost(if there is any) covered. My goal is to have a club that is full of friends, new and old, and also represent any rights and or privelages we have as off highway drivers. I am NOT a political activist, and do not want to be known as one. i will stand up for my rights however. I also want to find wheeling spots, and have club events, such as trail ride days, car shows and cruises. maybe group discounts on parts and event entry fees.
    ANY ONE WITH ME????

20. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me.