Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New K/5 concept sighting! (with top)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazer_Boy, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm in the bathroom taking care of business and go grab an issue of "Chevy High Performance". They have an article in their about some Super National Car Show. So I'm looking at all the rides and out of the corner of my eye I see this wierd looking fuzzy purple thing off in the distance, could it be.....it is! Its GMs K/5 concept vehicle and this time its wearing a top. It looks like some kinda wierd vinyl half-top though.

I don't have a scanner, but its in the October 2002 issue on page 114. Look in the middle towards the right. It'll be by the black tent with a Chevy bowtie and the GM performance parts Kiosk.

Maybe they are serious about this?!

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Hopefully they are. The /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif was only one of their best selling models.

3. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Look's like a Geo Tracker on steroids..

Plus the 18" rims don't make it look any better!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Then throw on the new 2003 Grilles, yuck. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Not that one AGAIN! Look at the date.

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

hey something that ugly deserves repeating... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. bigjbear

9. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

amigo meets th k5 - wretch!

10. Blazer_Boy

I'm aware of all the posts that have been put down about it. If you look you will see that I've been in a few of those posts. This is the first pic that I have seen that was not an autoshow or press release. Hence the "new" in the title. We also had people wondering what it would look like with a top, because all of the available photos show it with out.

I suppose if this is made, it'll catch on around here. The Avalanche is a God ugly vehicle and everybody was bashing it before the release. Now we've got a few members that own them and some that are actually starting to like them.

11. bigjbear

If you would have posted some different pics of it that would have been helpfull. Maybe I'm wrong (I haven't read it in years) but I thought CHP was a normally car only mag, how many people on a truck website are going to have it handy. My 2nd reply really was ment more for who ever said it needed repeating again. Don't be so touchy.

12. Blazer_Boy

Lol, its hard to tell what people are saying here. All we've got to work with is just 26 letters. I'll change my post since we had a little miscommunication. I didn't post those OLD pictures that we always see, someone threw that link in. This is just a little tid-bit post. Kinda odd to see a concept truck out on the streets doing a car show. I think this is the newest pic to date and it makes me wonder whats going on inside GM.

13. bigjbear

I'm kind of bad about replying to the right person. Didn't realy mean to to get under your skin, its hard to get the emotin right when typing.