Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New K5 in the family!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Emmettology 101, May 30, 2000.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Well, last Thursday I got my brother to buy an 86 K5! he really likes my Jimmy, but he was building a custom framed YJ/CJ/Chevy. He still had a little ways to go on it, but I talked him into buying the k5. We pulled the axles out from under the YJ/CJ/Chevy(10 Bolt front with Ture-Trac and 12 Bolt rear with Detroit) and put them under the K5 along with 6" Superlift Supperride front springs and a block and add-a-leaf kit for the rear. Also, we put the 35x15.50x15 Super Swamper TSL's on that were under the YJ/CJ/Chevy. We haven't gotten it totally finished yet, but we're almost there. So actually we have two almost identical rigs!
    In the next couple months, we're going to do a custom shackle flip in the rear of both and get rid of those peskie blocks.
    I will keep everyone updated on both!

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett" "Built for function, not for beauty!"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Must have gotten him to Quaker Steak and Lube and lubed him with some brewskis..........and talked sense into him! Outstanding sales effort.........

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

LOL, i didn't have to sell him much, he really like the abilities of my Jimmy. Especially when I can put a tire up on things without spinning a tire and without lockers!

:)

Mike

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

sounds cool
    have any pics??

5. Emmettology 101

Not yet, but I sure we will soon! I will post them when we do!

Mike