Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New K5 production vehicle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by azblazor, Aug 17, 2001.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have you all seen this. First I've heard!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.4chevy.com/k5.htm>http://www.4chevy.com/k5.htm</a>

<font color=blue>azblazor</font color=blue>
    <font color=orange> 79 K5 454-FI / 4L80E, NP205, D60, FF14, 4" lift, 9K Warn </font color=orange>

2. MudTruk

MudTruk Registered Member

man, that thing would look wicked with a big lift and some 44s.

Gotta go, before ya show!

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I dig it,

<font color=white>It's good to be out</font color=white>
    <font color=white>Out of my mind and out of control</font color=white>
    <font color=blue>Twiztid</font color=blue>

4. looks like a tracker.

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

5. blackdog

blackdog Registered Member

<font color=black>I could have sworn I saw something like this driving past a Chevy dealer. Almost crashed trying to get a look. It looks pretty cool, but I don't know about calling it a K5. Too nice and shiny and plasticky looking. Perfect for suburban driveways, but not in keeping with the original concept of the K5. But then again, since the SUV is the new version of the Brady Bunch's station wagon, I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes to people who will never drive over anything higher than the speed bump at the McDonald's drive-thru. It's getting to where Jeep and Land-Rover are the only ones still making vehicles that are INTENDED to be driven Off-road.

Just my $.02

p.s. Wonder why you can't find a single picture of it with the back cap or top on. Is it really ugly?

<font color=black> "Where did all these people come from, and how soon can they leave..."
    -OLD 97's</font color=black>
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.batcave.net&gt;www.k5.batcave.net&lt;/a&gt;

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Seen it in a previous post from a car show!
    I think it looks like poopy!!![​IMG]

Learning to fry bacon!! [​IMG]
    3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

7. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I think its a pretty nice reproduction of the K5. I mean, heck... it sure could be alot worse, look how the mustangs changed in the 70's and 80's and then how look at what the Impala's have become. BIG YUCK there !!!

Very dusty and dirty K5 sitting in my driveway!!!

9. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Look, it's the Geo Tracker2 !
    There's no rear leg room, don't see any provisions for a hardtop (maybe they haven't designed one yet), probably has IFS and you can't stick a piece of plywood between the wheelwells. That's not a K5 and I'd be ashamed for the name if it went to production.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I've said it before and I'll say it again .......... It looks more like a K2-1/2 to me !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

11. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

That is a good looking vehicle!! I wonder how many years wages it will cost when it comes out on the market? Oh well, what is money--"The Root Of All Evil," I have been told. Damn it would be nice to be evil in that case!!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Those pics have been posted here a few times...first time at least 6 months ago, maybe more. If its built like the Aztec and the Avalanche i hope they don't use the K5 name...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>For what they'll be asking for it I could build one hell of a K5 !!!!!!!!!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

14. blackdog

blackdog Registered Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

it sure could be alot worse, look how the mustangs changed in the 70's and 80's and then how look at what the Impala's have become. BIG YUCK there !!!<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

<font color=black>You're absolutely right. I'm afraid that another 5 years down the line when they do the next redesign it'g going to be the </font color=black></font color=orange>"Chevy K5 AWD front-wheel-drive minivan/SUV Crossover Vehicle with P185 tires".<font color=orange>
    <font color=black>
    I think two of the saddest events in automotive history were the destruction of the Malibu and LeMans names. These cars that spawned the Chevelle and the GTO(!!!!) became a family sedan and a puny 4cyl hatchback(?!?!) respectively.[​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=black> "Where did all these people come from, and how soon can they leave..."
    -OLD 97's</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.batcave.net>www.k5.batcave.net</a>

15. Looks like the "Avalanche" concept truck from a year or two ago. Underneath, it is a Suburban.

16. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

One of my clients is the general manager of a chevy dealership in the Chicago area and just got an avalanche. Lots of plastic, size of a burb with the over hang to boot, and lots of gadgets; all for the low price of 42 thousand and change!! The K5 show truck looks just like the avalanche but shorter. 42,000 will but a lot of upgrades, paint and drive trains. .02
    erik

17. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Chevrolet should get rid of the 3rd or 4th door.. make it a true 2-door truck.. then make the Fiberglass shell more like the original's..
    I'm liking this truck the more I see it..
    Time's are a changin.. just gotta roll with it.. I'd take this over any new truck's on the market.. In the meantime.. I'll stick to my 83,89 and my girlfriend's badass 99 tahoe..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com

18. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

it looks like the concept version of the avalanch (only unglier)that just went into production. the avalanch they are making has the same drivetrain as the chevy trucks/tahoes/and subs. even the interior is the same as the trucks. nice trucks if you need four doors and a bed. i kind of like the storage boxes in back and the lower moldings...
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 88streetblaze on 08/21/01 03:09 PM.</FONT></P>

19. TransAmLT1

TransAmLT1 Registered Member

I love it! It's perfect for me, and the rims look great! Lets just hope they dont charge $30K for it.

1993 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
    5.7L 350 4L60 3.23
    Best Time 13.97@98.59mph

20. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Those pics actually look pretty nice..............

Now, the Avalanche is fugly............finally saw a few locally in person........and they look as ugly as the Pontiac Aztek van........and that is saying something. All that plastic with wimpy tires. Can't wait to see one with a lift and tires to match.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>