Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New K5??????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by acablik, Sep 5, 2002.

1. acablik

acablik Registered Member

I heard a rumor that GM was thinking about making a new K5 once the Cammaro/Firebird production ends. Any info on this? I hope it is true now that GM makes no 2dr 4wd sport utilities. Gm should at least still make Tahoe 2 doors!!!

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

are you talking about whats on the posts hear somewere about the new k5? thats not going out that was just an idea..but there are pics of it..

Bryan

3. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

I did a search on it and found some pictures and specs. As far as I know, its just a concept but it has the same 6.0L as the new Hummer H2, 4 doors but the rear doors are like and extended cab pickup(open only when the fronts are open) and doesnt have a removable top.

Evan

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That thing was bassed on the 2 door Tahoe platform that is no longer in production. It went out of production about the time the show vehicle with the 6.0 wast just making it's rounds. Doubt it will come to light but if it does...I'm there. Doubt the 6.0 will be available in that though. that was a show truck thing.

5. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

I read about this concept possibly coming to life this December. I am going to look for the article I read it from and get back with you.