Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New locker from Tractech

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RUSS84K5, Jan 21, 2001.

1. RUSS84K5

RUSS84K5 1/2 ton status

Jan 9, 2001
    Just got the new FourWheeler yesterday. TracTech will release a modified truetrac that has a electronic selenoid that engages a locking ring to "spool" up the diff. When the switch is off, the diff remains a limited slip. Personally I would like to see something like the OX-Cable locker for the D60s. But this is pretty neat being both a limitted slip and a spool. Release is said to be in June of this year, Tractech has yet to post further info on the web site
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    I'll believe it when I have on in my truck! They've had an electric locker at the SEMA show for the last 3 years and we have yet to see it on the market. I love everything else they do, but like I said, I'll believe it's really here when I see it.
    It will be an interesting option. Now we get to debate the pros and cons of the elec. locker vs ARBs air locker, oh boy! I like the cable locker idea also, I don't know what I would choose if I actually had the choice right now, but since ARB is the only one that's out and tested at this point, I guess that's what I get. They still do the job.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
  3. I'ld be real excited if just the (old) TruTrac was available for a Dana 60. Even IF they do come up something new (locking limited slip?) it won't be available for the D60.