Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Lockouts on the way...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by readymix, Feb 1, 2005.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Well, a while ago i broke one of my lockouts on the D60 and have been looking for a while for the best deal. Just posting my findings up here to hopefully save a few of you from the same trouble i went through.

I first contacted Tim and was told that since i am an IL resident that he would have to charge me sales tax and i would save money if i looked around for other vendors. To say the least i was shocked. It is not everyday you find that kind of "honesty over making a buck" attitude. Props to Tim:D

Later on i saw in the 4WP mag that they sell Pro-Comp hubs for a pretty decent price, so i called for more info. What i found out is that they are rebranded Milemarkers. 4WP puts the Pro-Comp name on them.
    Fine with me, iI don't care.
    Then i asked the 4WP guy about the warranty if i should ever need it. His reply is that Pro-Comp should handle it.

So....I called Pro-Comp to verify and was told that they are Milemarker hubs that 4WP renames and resells with permission. Pro-Comp has nothing to do with the product or any warranty claims. It would either be 4WP or Milemarker.

So...More...I called milemarker and was told that either 4WP or Pro-Comp would deal with the warranty since it does not have the Milemarker name on it.
    By this point in the day i had decided that i would rather weld the stub shafts to the hubs than deal with these companys any more. I should have known better than to call 4WP. :angry1:
    After returning to CK5 to do a little vendor search i found 4WD Factory and gave Greg a call. Got no answer but recieved a call back within a hour. So now I have a brnad new set of Warn Premiums on the way. Plus i will never have to deal with crappy warranty service. The guy at Warn and Greg at 4WD Factory assured me of that.

Save youself the heartache and just put the phone down anytime you find yourself calling 4WP:shame:

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Glad ya got hooked up, Chief. I do try to avoid paying the state $20 and passing that onto the customer when there are tons of vendors out there and shipping is cheaper. Sorry to pass you off, it wasn't that I didn't want your business, I just want everyone to get the best prices they can. :grin:

3. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

One of my friends has delt with him a good bit...has nothing but good stuff to say about him. Hopefully one day ill need some D60 stuff from him, but im stuck with this 10b for a while...

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I hear you Tim. Thanks the service even though i did not give you any money