Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Look Of My Truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Apr 25, 2007.

?

which lift do you think looks better

1. 4 inch front, 2 inch blocks rear

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. homemade 7 inch

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

100_1037.jpg
    this is right before the 6$ car wash just to get the engine bay semi clean after the custom differential mud bash april 21 in bloomsdale MO
    100_1040.jpg
    this is the new look which is 4 inch leafs in the front and 2 inch blocks in the rear with a 3 inch body and 38.5 hawgs

100_0982.jpg
    this is the old which was a homemade like 7ish suspension with 3 inch body which was like riding in a tractor lol

100_1040.jpg

100_0982.jpg

100_1037.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. Chrisblazzer89

Chrisblazzer89 1/2 ton status

AWWWWWW how cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. 85mudbogger

haha that wasnt supose to be in there darrrrrrrrrrrnit ohwell its gone now lmao

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I didn't get to see it.....

Put it back.

5. 85mudbogger

haha it was just me and my daughter asleep on the couch, nothin special. now back to the truck, do you like it the old way or new lmao,

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Looks good like it is now. Those look more like 35's though. Must be my eyes are crooked or something.

7. 85mudbogger

well they only measure like 37 but when i put them side by side with a 35 they are alot bigger but yeah they do look small and way wore out but u have to work with what u got right.:haha:

8. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I didn't vote. Sorry, looks the same to me. I would run what you are happy with, not what looks better. It sounds to me like it rides better and you notice it. I would look into a shackle flip and run factory springs for best ride quality.

Are you close to STL? Going to Springfield next month?

9. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Where in Missouri are you? I missed the Bloomsdale mud bash this time, but I will probably be going to the next one at Robertsville if I have my Jimmy up and running.

Didn't know there was anybody on here that close to me, that actually went to the local mud runs. Sweet.

10. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

guys i'm from Missouri. actually went to the Mud Bash!! i was the guy passed out in the truck by 2 p.m hahahaha woke up an hour later and had even more fun. so mudbogger where exactly are you from? just wonderin'

11. 85mudbogger

thought about it but going to florida on vacation instead:mad: id rather be in springfield, but yeah i liked the way it looked higher but its way more functional and i can run it way harder now and rely on the suspension to do its job now on the bumps and ruts, before one little bump would snap a shaft lol

12. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

You still never told us where you were from :(

13. 85mudbogger

perryville just 33 miles south of bloomsdale, now this robertsville, is this buchanons or please tell me more, when where lol, got a few comin up in sedgewickville just 10 miles south of perryville if you guys want to come out, i will look more into dates but one is like every other sunday lol. any of you by chance see my truck out there at neagers, that toyota sure was bad, got a vid of it jumpin lol but i heard a jimmy caught air and flipped????? is this true and anybody got pics.

14. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

yessssss it is true. shortly after i awoke from my nap....ok i was passed out. i was right there by the back restrooms and it was bad a**. it had idk like 33's but it like hit the road went airborn then hit, flipped over and there it sat in the mud on it's top. the keg in the back was actually floating. i was cheering him on. i've been going there since 2004. rarely miss one. i'll have my blazer at the next one. it'll be the one broke down on the way there i'm sure. lol

15. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

I've never taken my Jimmy through anything at Bloomsdale, it's too nasty down there, I leave it for the real big boys to play on. I just watch.

Robertsville coming up. It's down highway 30. In well, Robertsville. You might be able to find more information on it on the web somewhere, but I heard it's like May 12th or something. If I have my truck up and running by then (probably won't happen) then I'll be down there running it. Otherwise, I'll probably go with my buddies to watch.

16. 85mudbogger

wait was it a real nice and shinny black, maybe i did see it, he was drivin stupid to begin with but all i saw was it go over and then two tires stickin up over the big pond bank. i was to much of a pussy to hit the big holes, now i kick myself in the arse.

17. Randy92782

Randy92782 1 ton status

to be honest i was a little enibriated. but i do think it was that blazer. i have pics of it upside down so i'll have to post em as soon as i can. i'll just have to post a thread about it i guess. where were you sittin at? the other side of the sound stage?

18. 85mudbogger

yeah up by the barbwire by the big lookout tower which is the crappiest place to be but there was just too many people tryin to get by the fence in front of the stage

19. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

Damn, I wish I didn't have to work that day, sounds like you guys had a blast out there.

20. 85mudbogger

oh its always a blast out there, i gassed it one time in the pit right after the biggest bank and my throttle stuck wide open and i had to get out and use the cooler to was the windsheild off then it stuck again and i couldnt get it to let loose so i just went out the exit wide open lol, found out it was stickin cus too much mud on the intake grrrrrrrrrrrrrr