Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new m/t baja claw bias belt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wickedk5, Sep 1, 2000.

1. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

is anyone running these tires? have you guys heard anything about these tires and how they perform on the trail and or the street?

"And if it ain't a Chevy don't raise it up..."

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Petersens has some Baja Claws on their 14 day Flattie, and they had two sidewall punctures in four time off road...

That doesn't sound too good, but i dont know if theirs were Bias or not.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

the 14 day flattie had radials. I've heard only one complaint about the bias ply's, they are about 2" shorter than what they read. Most 35's are measuring in around 33". The other complaints are normal for a tire that aggressive. LOUD and SUCK ON PAVEMENT.

HTH

Kyle
    89K5

4. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

I saw the new 16 x 38 x 15's live! They are way cool looking. However the only way I would get them as opposed to the Swampers is price. The bias are far superior if you spend alot of time off road and in rocks and stumps. The radials will be better for the highway. They are a step between the boggers and Sx Swampers. Sidewalls are mean. Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

5. BI U JIMMY

BI U JIMMY Registered Member

I have the 35"claws on my Jimmy now and I just measured them and they are around 34.5" I don't know about noise or handling because the Jimmy is still being built and I just put the axles on the other day(Dana 60 up front and 14 boltFF in back) It will be a little while before it is rolling on its own power. Whether or not they handle good one thing is for sure, they do look bad ass!

6. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

These tires kick major arse!!!!love them!..Yep the radials have a thinner sidewall...I have(had) the 35x13,5x15 bias ply...they work great everywhere...low noise too....I'm real sad they had to go with my Blazer....maybe I can buy them back!!!...They will be my next tire purchase!