Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Manual hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85threeofive, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 85threeofive

85threeofive Registered Member

I purchased a new set of Warn 9790 manual hubs, I need to replace my old auto ones, and I believe that I have all the steps to do it. My question is, do you have to grease the new hubs? I've never had a 4WD before this so I have no clue. I might have to ask you for a refresher on the steps to replacement also even after using the Search button...:bow:

2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

No need to oil them, they should be pre-lubed.
    When you replace them, just take the old auto hub out then remove the snap ring and small washer behind it. Toss the washer out, but keep the snap ring. Install the manual hub and then put the snap ring on the outermost grove on the stub shaft. Shouldn't take you more than 10 mins per side.
    Also, while you have the retainer ring out (the one that goes on the inside of the hub that holds the locking hub in place) you might want to put a slight bend on the ends with a pair of pliers. That way you can use a small screwdriver to get it out easier next time.