Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New member from Spain

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by August, Nov 27, 2005.

1. August

August Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I just saw this forum and I find it very interesting. The point is, I was offered a 1980 GMC Jimmy, 350 engine, Sierra interior and loaded with extras. The car was sold new in Spain, the actual owner is an old gentleman and is not able to drive due to his age. The car is in exceptional condition and completely original with only 50.000 miles. He is asking me 7.000 US for the car. Right price?

What should I take car of this model? Any issues with this model?

There are not many Jimmys here, only several K5´s that were sold new by OPEL GM.

Thanks in advance,
    August

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Welcome to Ck5! $7000 seems a bit high, unless it is CHERRY. Someone on here should be able to give you a Blue Book value on that puppy.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

price doesn't sound too bad for over in spain i'd guess... i'm assuming U.S vehicle prices are generally higher over there... in the U.S, the same vehicle might go $4000 to $5000 i'd say...

4. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

5. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$7000 is a good price in europe. I lived in Germany and I could hardly find anything desent (even for a trail rig) for under 10,000 euros. Parts will probly be expesive and the gas prices SUCK there, hopefully its a desiel. Spain does have some nice wheeling spots though.
    welcome to CK5

6. August

August Registered Member

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, the gas prices here are very high ($4-$5 a gallon), but I will not drive it daily.

I´d like to post some pics, how can I do?

Thanks again,
    Augusto

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Buenas tardes Augusto, It is very hard to guess the truck's worth with out detailed pictures. You can post them on a site that allows direct linking or use one that does not and just post the link.

If it is not a diesel consider fuel costs very carefully. You know your budget better than us, though. Remember $1.00US=1.20euro, so it's worse than $1/liter. That said, I hope you or someone else buys it and keeps it on the road. I only saw one Suburban of this vintage, and no Blazers, while I was in Spain. Of course, I doubt they would have fit in some towns, Toledo and Avila come to mind. However, when we were in La Redonda I would have loved to have had my Blazer to explore all the dirt trails.

Buena suerte. I don't suppose you could send me some jamone?

[​IMG]

8. August

August Registered Member

Buenas tardes Bigjbear,

Glad to hear from someone who knows my country. Yes, jamon is great, but you have to know very much about it, it´s not thatg easy to buy great ones, it´s like the good wine.

Well, I know the gas prices here are outrageous; but it will not my daily driver, I will use them in weekends, but to tell the truth for keeping it. Cars like this here are not well care. I don´t want to see it like a display in junkyard or with an awfull diesel engine into it.

How can I post pictures here?

Thanks,
    August

9. bigjbear

If you want to e-mail them to me I will post them. But then only paying members will be able to see them. I suggest using something like www.cardomain.com then posting a link. Its free and easy. I just did one so you could see.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190712

[​IMG]

10. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Just an FYI, if your a member and post pics in the gallery and link to them here, anyone can see them here or in the gallery, it's just when you attach a pic from your hard drive to the forum that only members can see.

Welcome to CK5 August, nice to see people from other parts of the world. :D

11. bigjbear

Forgot about that, thanks boss.

12. August

August Registered Member

Well, I cannot post the pics, I am not very good with computers. Can I e-mail them to you?

It´s the same colour than yours!

13. bigjbear