Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Member, lift question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cookeb, Jul 26, 2002.

1. cookeb

cookeb Newbie

I am new to the forum and have a question. I am on my 2nd Blazer and think I want to lift this one. It is a 88 and is bone stock. It has the quad front shock option and no steering stabilizer. Will the quad front shocks pose any problems when lifting?? Also, what brand lift do you guys recomend?? Right now the rear springs have some sag from towing and age so I was thinking of replacing them also. I just need some opinions from the experts.

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The first thing that anyone would say is, fill out your profile though. Give everyone an idea of what you're ridin' and who you are. There might be someone in your area that you could hook up with for some help.
    There are tons of threads on lifting your rig. The lift you want will vary depending on what you plan on doing with it. There will not be a problem with lifting your rig and having quad shocks up front. Being that you're towing, you probably want to go with a leaf spring lift all the way around. The second choice would probably be to go with leafs in the front and blocks in the rear (much cheaper). Do a search (upper right corner of the section) and you will find all sorts of opinions on lifts, brands, and shocks. I saw a few used and new lifts for sale in the for sale section too so check that out. You'll save a buck or two! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Good luck!

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Welcome aboard... You can get longer quad shocks for the front when you lift it. Also try doin a search to see what people say about suspension companies. Which ones people like,and which ones just suck /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .Also fill out your profile,might have some local K5'ers in your town! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

5. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Unless you are high speeding baja style I would lose the dual frt. shocks.A good set of single shocks would be better.You need to fill out your profile and what kind of wheelin' you do.Muddin' is different from rock-crawlin'.Welcome aboard!Mike

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Superlift all the way! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif