Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New member need install help!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by emoo99, Oct 16, 2003.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

new member here, actually looking for someone to install my 14ff and dana 44 for some extra change, should be pretty simple bolt-in, just dont have the tools or a place to do it(and never done it before).. any takers? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

If you werent so far away, id be all over it.

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i bet rob (uglychevy) would help you /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

dang, i shoulda asked you guys when i got the axles, i picked them up from JDBLAZER454 in vancouver.. talk about a loooonnnnggg trip. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ..but well worth it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    If you werent so far away, id be all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    same here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

Where in Everett are you? I'm on Beverly Lane. I could help you out if you want to bring it over. Check your PMs

7. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

SWEET /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm over by eisenhower middle school, the axles are actually in lake stevens, but i'll getem to ya..

8. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Glad to see your getting around to putting them in. Thanks again and I know what you mean about a long trip I have in laws in Tacoma and I dread that trip can't imagine from Everett. It was great meeting you and your friend. We kind of worried about if you had a place to put them in or the know how, guess we should have let you take a good look at our blazer to get an idea. Its pretty much a bolt in process with a difference in rear u joint and different u bolts. These guys here there are quite a few up north that probably will be nice enough to help out.

9. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

thanks!, Thanks to SeattleK5 i got them in, took all day, some pizza and a trip to pull-a-part but we got them in by sundown, still need to hook the e-brake up (probably doing that friday) and taking a look at those rear brakes. The Adjusters are seized up and my brakes now suck! but i love having the 4:10's, alot better than my old 3:08's.. thanks guys!

10. JDBlazer454

Thats awesome they are in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif About the rear brakes get used to crawling under there with WD40 and adjusting them, typical 14 bolt issue where the adjusters will fight you and not adjust properly.

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I hear a real strong argument for going to a rear disc brake setup here... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

yea disc brake would be nice, just don't have the money at this time.. but i need to do something soon, i have to put the pedal to the floor to stop, and this morning with all the rain out, i came up to a light (bout 15mph) and put the brake down and the rear's locked up on me.. it kinda took me by suprise cause i was skidding.. but i'll brake out the WD40 and give it a shot..

13. JDBlazer454

I would love to have rear disc brakes.

You got pics of them installed? Would love to see my old axles in something good finally.

14. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would love to have rear disc brakes.

You got pics of them installed? Would love to see my old axles in something good finally.

[/ QUOTE ]
    check my sig, it took a while to clean them off but after the paint and the new diff bolts, they look good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif but i need a lift BBAAADD!!

15. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i absolutely love my rear disks...... ........they stop soooooooooooooo much better than the drums ever did....way more control /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. JDBlazer454

Those look so good all cleaned up. I love the 14ff rear cover painted black with shiny new bolts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

When are you lifting it? Your thinking about it now its a matter of time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I know I can never leave anything stock anymore the urge to modify is overwhelming /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif