Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New member, opinions on blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Balddog, Mar 17, 2001.

1. Balddog

Balddog Newbie

Hey guys, I just found this page and its damn good to find more blazer owners. I live over here in Britain and there are very few of em over here.
    I dont actually own my own yet but as soon as I find a decent one for sale here I will be buying it. I have been offered this one and I'm thinking of buying it and doing it up. Can you guys take a look at pics and tell me what you think. I know you cant tell much from such basic pics but what the hell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Check the tub real good for rust. Are there alot of K5's over there.

[​IMG]<font color=purple>Wayne's Muddy Wife</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>Donna</font color=purple>

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Just looking at the front fender scars and cracks, it may have a serious rust problem.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. Balddog

Balddog Newbie

Ill be going to take a look at it in 2 weeks so I'll be able to check what its like then. Even if it does have a lot of rust I might just buy it anyway. I need a project vechicle and seeing as how the guy wants about 500 bucks for it I may as well get it.

Donna, No there are next to no blazers out here...Well pretty much no chevys of any type here. I guess its to do with us being a little country that likes little cars. I doubt a blazer would even fit down some of the streets in the older towns and villages.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

500 bucks, sounds like a deal [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune time." [​IMG]

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

$500.00 I'd say.. Heck yeah.. buy it..
    Fender's aren't hard to come by. And by the looks of the rest of the body.. it looks decent.
    The rust on the Fenders looks like it was caused by fender well mouldings... just check underneath the truck for holes in the floopans.. and rocker panels(Just beneath the doors).
    Good luck.. for 500.00 I'd buy it..

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com>http://www.rocko.coloradok5.com</A>

7. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Well, it looks like a 77-79 with an automatic and full time transfer case. Probably has a 350 cid engine and turbo hydromatic 350 transmision. It's green (lol) There are pros and cons to the full time transfer case (NP203) just like there are pros and cons to the auto tranny. Do some searches with words like NP203 and full time transfer case and part-time kit and you should find a lot of the intormation on the pros/cons. For $500, i would do it.

[​IMG]