Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New member with some Problems...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Oct 2, 2005.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    first post but I've been reading and picking stuff up for a long time.
    This truly is the best resource for info on my Blazer I have found.

Anyway, i'm young, 17, and my first vehicle ever was my '87 K5 Blazer.
    I love the thing and i wouldn't trade it for the world. The motor's weak and the rockers are a bit rusty but I love it!
    It has a TBI 305 which is super weak but that's soon being replaced...
    For now it has a 3" lift and 35's, which rub like nuts....that's gonna get fixed too.

Anyway, my problem:

My truck has automatic hubs, the drivers side is leaking all kinds of grease, i don't know what this means, but i'm sure you guys will tell me.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

mostlikly bad oring. and best mod to do with the old auto hubs is to trash them and get a good set of lockouts as the autos dont like big tires and at there age thay will so act up and stay locked in or out.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

or a combination of both when you need them.

bad orings is what i say too. those orings were hard to find, i would have to buy a $20 service kit for my warns, just for the orings, i ended up going to the hard ware store and then spliceing a oring together. the first one was good when i put it in, the second broke when i put it in. for $70 (here anyway) you can get a set of standard warn hubs. id get at least a WARN, standard or premium, premium being my first choice.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

or a combination of both when you need them.

bad orings and too much grease in the bearing area (the grease is not much of a bad thing) is what i say too. those orings were hard to find, i would have to buy a $20 service kit for my warns, just for the orings, i ended up going to the hard ware store and then spliceing a oring together. the first one was good when i put it in, the second broke when i put it in. for $70 (here anyway) you can get a set of standard warn hubs. id get at least a WARN, standard or premium, premium being my first choice.