Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gm4x, Apr 6, 2004.

1. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Wanted to send a quick "hey" to all. Been lookin' around on here for the past couple weeks & decided to join. Gotta say I've read more than one post that had me ROFLMAO!! Didn't join for that, more for the info & tips, but a good laugh ain't bad either! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif As mentioned in my profile, I'm bummin' (the past year) after some idiot pulled out in front of me (in my 98 GMC 2500 w/8&1/2' Boss Snowplow) while I was doin' 45 MPH. Needless to say I haven't been right since. Lost my business (HVAC Contractor) & just about everything else. Hoping one day to be able to get back to working & havin' some fun /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif . But 'till then, I guess I have alot of spare "research" time. I'd like to beef-up my '86 & after seein' some of these guys tapered Blazers....well, I can see a thrash-wagon in the future too. Anyway, I listed a site on my sig (www.badfaithinsurance.org) because I am getting hosed BIG TIME from the at-fault drivers insurance, as well as mine. Seems that Indiana is the 2nd most insurer "friendly" state in the US. Last I looked, MY insurer was #2 (on the "bad" list). Won't name names...but the initials are SF. Well, thanks for the info, tech & fab, great ideas, cool pics, and the laughs, looking forward to the following year (since I just joined). One of these days I'll figure out how to get a web-page so you can see some of my "toys". Later.......Brian

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome to CK5, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully we can keep you laughing while you get things sorted out.

3. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the welcome! I was "up" north a couple years ago (UP of Michigan) and went across the International Bridge while there, beautiful country! Thanks also for the wishes, I need all the "good luck" I can get! Have a good one!

Brian

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5! And I hope things get better for ya! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Welcome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

From your profile:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Owened tons of Jeeps.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll try not to hold that against you.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

salutations

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Welcome to ck5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Welcome! Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Im SURE this site will give you more than enough to keep your mind off your troubles /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

HAHA! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I figgered that'd get a come-back from someone....lol! Thanks!

10. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all for the welcome! EVERYONE be sure to click on the insurance link on my sig. Don't make the same mistake I did...paying an insurer over 20 years of (multiple) premiums (buss. liability, homeowners, vette, HD, Jeeps <sorry>, boats, etc.) only to have them "bend you over" for an accident that wasn't even my fault. I was at the Statehouse of Indiana Monday morning....telling them EXACTLY my feelings on the situation, and how insurers are allowed to do this to someone. The real "kicker" is that I can't even get help from SSDI or Medicaid! I guess not being able to work isn't enough.....guess you have to apply from your bodybag!
    Yeah, I need something to keep myself occupied since I can't do anything else. And BTW, my insurer was Snake Farm. Learned their #2 out of 100 insurers for NOT paying their claims. Wish I'd have known that 20 years ago!

Can you tell I'm not a "happy camper"? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Thanks again! Brian

11. bigyellowjimmy

No, I couldnt tell /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Where are you going from here? Court?

12. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    www.badfaithinsurance.org

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif We have State Farm...uh oh! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Well, I've had 13 months to "stew" about it. Snake Farm totaled my 98 GMC 2500.....for 30 minutes, then it went to $2600?? Bent frame, collapsed steering column, bent steering wheel & all! 2 shops told the Snake not to repair frame (I pushed snow) but to replace it. Mr. Richard (I call him Dick) Smith ( of Snake Farm) informed me that bending a piece of metal (my frame) then straightening it DOESN'T weaken it.....you believe THAT PANT-LOAD?? My truck sat for 5 months while I fought with them to fix it right, but I was paying bank payments on it and all the time I was paying for my OWN rental truck.

Yep, going to court if they won't settle, but I'm already screwed. Credits ruined, 98 will get repo'd, left to physically suffer for the past year, lost my Heating & A/C business (started in 87). FYI, if ANYONE has an accident, get an Injury Atty right off the bat. I didn't & it has only cost me time & $$$. BTW, Ed Rust (Snake Farm CEO) gets about 3 & 1/2 to 4 MILLION a year salary & "bonus" a year. guess some people don't care how they make a living, even if it means walking across the backs of those who make an HONEST living, or as far as that goes, walking across the backs of those who paid their hard earned $$ for insurance from them. Yep....I'm just ALITTLE bitter!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

15. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I've had 13 months to "stew" about it. Snake Farm totaled my 98 GMC 2500.....for 30 minutes, then it went to $2600?? Bent frame, collapsed steering column, bent steering wheel & all! 2 shops told the Snake not to repair frame (I pushed snow) but to replace it. Mr. Richard (I call him Dick) Smith ( of Snake Farm) informed me that bending a piece of metal (my frame) then straightening it DOESN'T weaken it.....you believe THAT PANT-LOAD?? My truck sat for 5 months while I fought with them to fix it right, but I was paying bank payments on it and all the time I was paying for my OWN rental truck.

Yep, going to court if they won't settle, but I'm already screwed. Credits ruined, 98 will get repo'd, left to physically suffer for the past year, lost my Heating & A/C business (started in 87). FYI, if ANYONE has an accident, get an Injury Atty right off the bat. I didn't & it has only cost me time & $$$. BTW, Ed Rust (Snake Farm CEO) gets about 3 & 1/2 to 4 MILLION a year salary & "bonus" a year. guess some people don't care how they make a living, even if it means walking across the backs of those who make an HONEST living, or as far as that goes, walking across the backs of those who paid their hard earned $$ for insurance from them. Yep....I'm just ALITTLE bitter!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an atty now?

16. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Just got en email from my sister. I've spoken with one local newspaper & two local TV stations about what the insurers are doing to me. Here it is:

The below message is from my brother I know he has been in communication with you regarding his situation resulting from an auto accident and the ensuing issues with insurance companies, the department of insurance, and many others.

I am here to tell you that my brother is not some nut-job, and his situation is very disturbing indeed. I would agree that someone should expose the terrible atrocities that insurance companies get by with. I cannot tell you the pain and suffering he has gone through physically, let alone emotionally and mentally, as well as losing his ability to make a living, his credit, his transportation, and basically his capacity to endure a pain-free existence. His life is basically destroyed, and nobody seems to care. I just do not understand.

Can you please help? Channel 6 is known for that – that is why we are asking.

The "nut-job" statement is questionable /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (j/k) but seriously, don't wait until you're in my "boat" to find out you carry insurance with someone who WON'T "Be There" for you. I told the Snake that they may "take me down"....but I'm gonna make a HECK of alot of noise on the way! FYI....the guy that CAUSED this accident has Progressive. First they told me he was "excluded" (meaning uninsured), so I filed my claim on my uninsured coverage. 4 Months later suddenly he WAS insured. This reduced my coverages from $100,000.00 (un/underinsured) to $10,000.00 therefor leaving me "hung out to dry". Gee, I wonder if the Snake paid Progressive the $25,000.00 (State minimum liability) in order to SAVE theirself $75,000.00??? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Yep (my third). The others only wanted a quick-buck, for as little time investment as they could get by with. Hence my suggestion of getting the largest Injury Atty on the TV. I failed to take this route in the beginning for fear of how I would "appear".....now /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I don't care. Nice guys finish last.

18. bigyellowjimmy

Yep, gotta watch attorneys, accountants and insurance companies. Its sad indeed. My best friend is sitting in the Fed pen for something that he didnt do, in fact the event never occured.....he paid his atty 125K, they fought the Feds for 3.5 years and the day after he was sentenced she wouldnt return my friends calls since his money ran out. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Bummer...... Tell me about it......it's who ya know. A local judges son gets a DUI here......think HE got in any trouble??? /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Well, I'm a believer in what goes around comes around. So I'm wishing to all from Snake Farm & Progressive a nice "warm" place to spend eternity! Know what I mean Vern??

20. bigyellowjimmy

Oh I know what you mean alright. Good luck to you during your legal battle. Always remember though that eventually you'll have to let it go or else you'll be consumed with hate. take care /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif