Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by guz71, Oct 6, 2006.

1. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

I just joined(full subscription) to the site, all i got to say is this forum kick ass. Ive been trying to get my tranny done asap, so i posted a few questions before introducing myself. I just bought this 89 k5 a week ago and i already have the tranny and tcase out of it. It came with a th350/205 behind a crate tbi 350 but im having a 700r4 built because it will be my daily driver. After that, im swaping in a d60 and 14ff axles and bushwacker cut outs.Right now the truck has 6 inch lift and 35's. Next summer i hope to have enough to buy a winch mount or bumper( i have 12000 hyrdaulic sitting in the garage:( ) and fix up the interior. Im only 18 and coming out z71 tahoe so i got some learning to do(mainly engine wise) but im soaking up knowledge from the site as fast as possibe. I had a 2002 z71 tahoe with 5 inch lift, 4.56's with an auburn ected(POS!) with a ton of other stuff but i got tired of pretending so im selling it and using that money towards the blazer. Lot of people dogged me on it but i think it was good decison:laugh: , what do yall think?? heres a few pics of how i bought it...

front clip.JPG

motor.JPG

side shot.JPG

2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome and good looking truck.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Definitely in very nice shape! Might want to re-think the Bushwackers though, they do get smashed pretty easily off road and they're not exactly cheap.

Welcome to CK5! :waytogo:

Rene

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice find, out of curriosity I'm thinking that if you sold an '02 w/ the mods listed above you should be able to pick up a one ton'd k5 or a clean k5 and have the money left over for the upgrades you mentioned....14ff/d60, etc. what happened?

-Avery

5. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

well, i kind of wanted to do some of the work myself, but i thought the k5 i bought was pretty dang clean. It has 0 rust. The guy before pulled the body off the frame and had it fixed up with a nice paint job and undercoating sprayed underneath. The 350 crate was also a bonus as well. My main goal was no rust because i cant personally do body work myself. As far as the interior goes, its in not that bad of shape. It needs a few trim peices on the doors and new carpet(everything else looks almost new). The tahoe has 97K on it and it has some wear on it from me, so im only planning on getting about 16K for it.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nice blazer it's gonna be a shame to beat it all up!!! welcome to CK5

Avery, mods don't always increase the value of the truck infact they can sometimes kill the resale especially on a newer SUV

7. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I know but like he said he was hoping to get about 16K for it which is not unreasonable....so with 16K you could get a clean truck (like you did, it looks great) and also get the mods you listed to put on yourself.

I guess it also depends on where you live and if you find the right buyer.

-Avery

8. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

Yea i have plenty left to buy the 1 ton axles and all the other stuff i listed, the bumper and some other little stuff might have to wait a while. Yes it would be a shame to beat it up, but i dont plan to beat it to death, atleast anytime in the near future. For now its going to be a daily driver and capable trail rig( one i wont have to worry about breaking something), but it will most certainly see a good amount offroading, just not ridiculously extreme.thanx for the compliment.

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah in Cali it might be easier to sell a truck like that But not hear lifted trucks usually sit on the lot for a month or 2

10. guz71

guz71 1/2 ton status

the tahoe will sell real quick back home. ALot of parents here will buy their child almost w/e they want (i honestly paid for some of the truck and all of the 6,000 in mods i have in it). The lift and light bar will grab some one quick. Its not even up for sale yet and i already had one of my brother's friends call me about it. I just bolted in the new fan clutch yesterday, got just a few more things to do to it real quick.

11. k30bb468

k30bb468 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Welcome to the site

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome aboard.

13. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Nice ride, and welcome to CK5.

14. Welcome! Your going to love this place more and more I tell ya!!!