Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new member--->

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Proxy6969, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Proxy6969

Proxy6969 Registered Member

Sup guys new member here, yes i already filled out my profile, just got myself a new 73k5 for x-mas.

73K5 fully stock(for now) but have lots of plans for it which im going to have lots of questions about in the near future=)

anyways hope everyone is having a good x-mas /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Welcome. This is an excellent place to ask questions and get ideas. Lots of good people in here. Good luck on your project.

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Always good to welcome another Texan... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the board.
    Post pic of the new toy and good luck.

Bo

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Welcome fellow Texan--you just found the best GM site on the net--tons of information and great people are on here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Always good to welcome another Texan...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Depends who you are, this place needs another Texan like I need to hear one more Al Gore speech. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Hey, welcome aboard and I'll go ahead and skip the prelims right now and give ya the scoop....... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You dont need those Being reliable is a major goal for mine. I like to hit the back wood trails that don't see much use. So The mods I'd recomened would be: 3/4 Ton axles (cheaper then 1 Ton, but 1 Ton is better) and either a 4" or 6" suspension lift, and 33" to 36" tires. Now I don't know how you feel about trimming fenders, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out in the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcome to the site, you won't find better information, or better people anywhere on the net !!!!!!!!! There are other CK5 members in your area, so I'm sure if you need help with anything, someone would be happy to lend a hand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard!
    Bill

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You dont need those Being reliable is a major goal for mine. I like to hit the back wood trails that don't see much use. So The mods I'd recomened would be: 3/4 Ton axles (cheaper then 1 Ton, but 1 Ton is better) and either a 4" or 6" suspension lift, and 33" to 36" tires. Now I don't know how you feel about trimming fenders, so I'll leave that one alone. That'll get ya out in the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ahhh...True words spoken from "the wise one"......jimbojunk!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Proxy6969

Thanks for the welcome guys, atm i dont got a digital camera and my scanner is broke but im gonna go take pictures of the heep in a minute and gonna try to find someone with a scanner to use, but pictures should be expected soon. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. Proxy6969

oh also i already got some plans for the heep if anyone cares to hear and add some input/advice for me just say so. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5, and glad to hear your from Texas. You can never have to many Texans here /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif We just need more from the plains of West Texas! So what plans do you have for your K5?

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Love your sig..... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Proxy6969

lets see, I wanna go with some 35x15.50 TSL-Xs i just wanted to do 6" sup but friend said i would have to get my driveshafts extended and [censored] and i dont wanna deal with all that so i figure on going 4" sup and 2" body so i wont have to face the sawzall, plan on bumpin the 350 up to a 396 getting 14bolt FF in rear and keeping the D44 up front, gutting interior do complete makeover on that, and I dont like much the seats that are currently in it so thinking about some racing bucket seats with a 5point harness, and a new paint job is in need cause this army looking green with black top to a nice blue with a nicer looking black top

well thats what im hoping for as a final product, lets see how long it takes me. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Hey, dont be knocking Al Gore! he invented the internet ya know! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. thatK30guy

Al Gore is still gay! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Al Gore is still gay!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like a man with personal, first hand experience. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. thatK30guy

Yep, Al asks me to tell you "hi". /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Wrong Bubba, he was referring to your president. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif