Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Mexico Rollcall

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by okie k5, Feb 9, 2005.

1. okie k5

okie k5 Registered Member

I am in Albuquerque and I am looking for some fullsize wheeling buddies. I wheel with an all makes group, but I outweigh everyone by about a ton and I am little bigger than they are. Anyone in NM? No anygood places or events taking place besides the Chile Challenge? Let me know.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

been to Chokecherry Canyon in Farmington....?!

Marv

3. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Farmington is worth while, I have been a few times and have a friend that goes to school there now. Worth the gas up there, definitely. There are also some killer trails around Alamogordo, but pretty gnarly for a fullsize.

Could always use a few more Chevys down here in Carlsbad though.:grin:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  4. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

I'll wheel with ya, I need to break some stuff anyways :) so I can justify outbidding NewMexK5 on that CUCV :)

Just shoot me a message when your going and we'll see if we can make it. I have a 3/4 ton Sub, so we can scare all them little "Its a Jeep Thing"s off the trail.

I'm up by Santa Fe on Hwy 14.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey man, What's up? I lived in ABQ for 16 years, left there in 2000. Is 9 mile hill closed off now? How bout down by the base at south Eubank? Also just curious if youve been West of Rio Rancho out Southern towards the Puerco.

6. okie k5

okie k5 Registered Member

Roll Call

Yeah they closed Eubank. I haven't made it to 9 Mile yet, but a couple of weekends ago I made it to Rio Peurco. Fun stuff. Everyone in the jobs was suprised my fullsize made it. We didn't even do anything special. The best part was the trail modifications I made to my truck. I got disconnects up front and running 35s I can't hardly turn on the trail without them rubbing. So I took the biggest sledge hammer with the shortest handle I could find and basically beat my inner fenderwells into submission. They still rub a lot, but I think the fenderwells know who is boss. The Jeep guys just stared at me. I guess they have never had any trail modifications. Hell I do that stuff to my wife's jeep all the time?

I haven't made it to Farmington or Las Cruces yet, but I am planning on it next year. I hope to have made a couple more modifications to make it trail worthy for the more technical trails. It is good to hear from people in NM keep it coming and we could try and meet up somewhere.

7. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Rio Puerco is the shiznit... I took a week (spring break last year) to go there and go off-roading. Except for getting 2nd degree sunburns while almost dying in the dessert (truck getting stuck for two days, having to walk to the entrance and beg for a strap...then having to pay the guy "nice" enough to help me) and almost rolling it a couple times....I came out a whole new man...who needed whole new underpants. I'm up for hittin that spot anytime i'm down there, I have a friend who lives in Albuquerque, I get down like twice a year...I still need to go to farmington too.