Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New mobile video/sound system installed in my tow rig.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jun 29, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Well I finally got my new sound/DVD system hooked up in my 05' Dodge 2500 CTD :pimp:

It cost me a small fortune by the time it was all said and done, but I got everything working properly and looking good. I don't want to bring up the installation by Best Buy!!! :mad:

I had a real proffesional do the DVD install since he had to make a bracket and have the upholstry added to match, all custom made by him. Really cool guy and he carried a Sig Sauer Nine mil on his hip while he worked :grin:

Anyways, I thought I would post it for you guys to see with the newer Dodges that these type of DVD players can be installed, Which I was told by a few installers they couldn't do it due to the slope of the roof line.

Here are the pic's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Looks good, and I am glad you chose a pro to do the job as are you I am sure. Custom work is not for places like Best Buy and Circuit City. Hope the side arm was not to keep you from coming back for any warranty issues. Glad to hear that it is in a working great.

3. stallion85

Thank you,

your right it was so much nicer going to a professional than the A-holes at Best buy!!!!!

He let me in the bay while he worked and showed me everything he did and how. It was comforting knowing he had been doing it for 15 years.

I am very pleased with the DVD install. The kids love it too ;)

4. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

It is hard to find a good installer and one that is comfortable about you watching over his shoulder. If you find that his work is good, make sure you tell your buddies and use him again. Sometimes the best guys go out of business and it is hard to find another. I managed a Best Buy for a while and it is all about the politics and hard to keep the good installers there. I brought in a lot of work doing the custom work there regardless of the fact that they were not really in to it. I am also an old school installer. Always look for the guys that did installs back when we made our owns kits for the dash and they did not have wire harnesses off the shelf that you could just plug in and go. The new guys do not know the basics of automotive electronics most of the time. Sorry about the rambling, but I am having flashbacks of running a shop.

5. stallion85

That's funny how you mention that. This guy was telling me how he has been doing this for the past 15 years.......hmmm I was 13 :grin: He said back in the day when he worked in Cali he had to do everything custom on all the rich peoples benz's and Beemer's so they could keep it looking original. He works as a freelancer now and only accepts cash. i will definelty tell all my friends and try to get him buisiness :deal: :pimp1:

6. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

What is more funny is I probably worked with him. 15 years ago is when I started as well. I was an installer in northern and southern Cali since 93'. I gave it up professionally about a year ago. Network Engineer had a more promising future with the wife, plus my 2 kids need a more stable father. It was nice to take my kids to the custom car shows and show them the cars and trucks that daddy built though. Kind of miss it.