Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new motor in 73 k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazerbum, May 19, 2002.

1. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

hey guys been awhile since ive talked to any of you really busy but heres my problem about 3 weeks ago put another motor in my 73 k5 out of a 75 scottsdale pickup i thru a rod in my 350 unfornatley it was a 4 bolt to ouch the motor runs good but ive noticed that when i come off the hyway into town and have to stop its idling reall rough but step on the gas and it runs fine the motors another 350 have hei dist 4 barrel quad on it any ideas thanks

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

What carb? Is it an Edelbrock?

Rochester?

Holley?

TO

3. blazerbum

ill have to get back with you on that im not sure it was giving to me by a friend and we just through it on the blazer (aperantly a bad plan )

4. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

The edelbrocks are REALLY FINICKY if they get dirty. That's why I asked. The rochester's tend to flood. Check floats and choke.

The Holley's tend to blow out their power pumps, flooding the motor.

Good luck.

5. blazerbum

ahh blazer humor thats why i love my blazer i talked to my friend the carbs a cartewr afb 4 barrel but we were standing in front of the blazer last night and he did see something that might be the problem we put a spacer plate on the stock intake to use the afb carb and the lower arm of the carb is hitting the erg valve so its about a quarter open so i made a plate to go over the spot were the erg valve is and put it on the shelve since it wasnt hooked up anyway didnt get finished lastnight but should be able to wrap it up tonight i let you know and thankyou for the assist