Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New motor in, cranks but no spark.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJim85, Aug 16, 2002.

1. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

I just got my new 350 into my 85 Jimmy, everything looks good, it cranks over nice, but I'm not getting any spark. More than likely it's the distributor, but could there be any other reason that I wouldn't get any spark?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Probably distributor but recheck all wire connections especially the one going to the distributor I missed it on mine same prob your having. It fell down behind the motor so i did not see it. Plugged it in fired right up real easy to do after long hours putting everything back on or if you have help that said they did but might not have.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

The first time I replaced my tranny I managed to get the dist (pink) wire sandwiched between the block and the tranny. It was still plugged in but shorted out. Check that kind of stuff out. Good luck.

4. UTmobile

UTmobile Registered Member

when i put a new 350 in mine, i had the neg battery cable connected to the frame and it wouldnt start. i moved it to the alternator bracket and it fired right up!!! check that as well