Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New motor problems.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Jan 16, 2005.

1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Don't know if its the timing or what but it runs really good but when i barley move timing its sluggish and won't start. had to stop because my neighbors are pissed.:blush: :D so i don't know if timing was the problem... can't work on it anymore tonight. I ran it for 2 weeks with straight headers. no muffler or cat. It has a muffler on it now tho.still loud.

Motor is modified and throttle body injected around 350-375 hp. 400 with a higher psi regulator(maybe). Has about 12 degrees of advance on the balancer. where is ballpark good timing on a hp 355? has 10:1 comp, 272 dur. 447 lift cam,holley pro-jection manifold, 670 cfm tbi, camel hump heads, flowtech headers and y-pipe, k&n , 3" exhaust, and 45 psi fuel pump with a 22 psi fuel pressure regulator. Holley makes a replacement 35-60 psi for $50.

I don't think the stock fuel map would affect the idle but it will need a custom chip when it's on the road.

Only thing not hooked up is the knock sensor... still waitin for a welder.

2. grindkings

grindkings 1/2 ton status

Its probly the computer that is messing it up. Try getting a custom burned chip. Jet can make them for you.