Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Aug 25, 2001.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

I've got a question...I'm geating ready to but a new motor for my 83 blazer. I've already priced 350 4-bolt long block for 1100 with core chrage. However, I was flipping through the Jegs catalog and found something very interesting. On pg 53 at the botom left corner is the holley systemax II system. It has an intake, aluiminum heads, cam shaft, lifters, timing chain and sprockets, etc. It seems like an awesome system and it says it cranksout 425hp. Now I might get a short block instead...but, here is the interesting part. The catalog has a price of 309.99 but the web site has a price of $1315.99. Do you think I should call them on it or is it worth it?? Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

Ryan

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I think one price includes the cylinder heads, the other doesn't.

I think that kit was made with race cars in mind. You should find out the cam specs. You don't want 425hp at 6500rpms, do you?

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

3. 83bowtyblazer

Yeah your right about the high end hp, but I have the book righ there in front of me and it includes the head. I think it;s a typo in the catalog. I plugged in the part # from the catalog into the web site and the same exact kit with the same exact specs popped up. I was just thinking that if I call in an order over the phone, would they give it to me for 309 or 1315 since they screwed up. Thanks.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

They cannot be legally obligated to sell you the parts for that price if its a typo...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. 83bowtyblazer

ok. Just a thought. So is 1100.oo for a longblock 350 4-bolt a good price???

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That doesn't sound like a bad price at all. Muddin4fun just picked up a long block 383 from NAPA for about $2000. 425 lb ft of torque, can't remember the hp figures but its a stout motor for sure. She has been really happy with it and I'm considering doing the same when the time comes.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You know for what those heads and and long block are going for your in ZZ4 dollar range. 1,269bucks No Core is about what the base Crate goes for WITH heads and a 50k warranty.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.paceparts.com/>www.paceparts.com/</a>

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    79 Chevy Blazer, Her's
    70 Chevy Burb
    Grim-Reaper

8. 83bowtyblazer

The long block I priced comes with everything except tin work. It's actually 874.00 with a 250.00 core charge. I have been to paceparts.com. They have good prices too. Thanks for all the help.

9. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

How much hp do the 350's have? 250? and torque?

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy