Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new motor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therover87, Nov 6, 2001.

1. therover87

therover87 1/2 ton status

i have an 87 k5 blazer with a 350 with the t.b.i. set up and my motor has 146,000 miles on it and i want to pu a new motor in it but i am not sure what would work with the tbi set up, i was looking at the throttle body replacement motor from scoggin-dickey for about 1800, would it be a good idea and worth the money to them but the edelbrock multi point efi kit part #3502, along with their matching heads, cam, headers, timing chain, any ideas cause i really wanna have a nice motor but am not sure with the computer stuff and the throttle body, thanks for all the help.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i went through pace parts in Ohio...its a New GM TBI motor out of a "caprise"...i got it for 1700 shipped to my door (I am in CA)..i would give them a look...

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Look in the Blazers for sale page!! my 72 needs to go!</font color=blue> [​IMG]