Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new mufflers...which ones?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Dec 15, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i currently have a pair of three chamber flowmasters. honestly, they are a little too loud (my wife wants to conversate). been thinking of putting on a pair of quieter ones, any suggestions?
    TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

What series Flowmasters do you have? If you want, go to www.flowmastermuffler.com and check out their charts...my brother got a 70 series on his Yukon, it is very quiet in the truck, but sounds nice outside or when you get on it. To me it's not loud enough, but then again I don't have a wife that wants to make conversation!! :)

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i got dual exhaust magnaflows and they have a nice semi loud rumble IN the cab, and out of the cab is a nice DEEP sound. little softer than flowmaster 40's im verysatisfired
    the noise out side get deeper and louder as you "break them in" aka the longer you have them

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter