Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new music !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by riz, Jun 6, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Why does it mostly suck ?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

because we are getting to old lol /forums/images/icons/smile.gif we dont like the young little whippersnappers new music /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Nope. I seriously don't agree withthat one ...... I still love the good music ........ but this stuff is pure poop !

4. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

i've definately got to agree with you here riz. I'm 18 and i cant stand any of it! Maybe a few good singers and a few catchy songs, but not very much to be impressed with.

I want to hear somebody who can just jam and make it sound good. Pull some stuff off of the top of their head and go with it.

Once i saw a tape of SRV doing voodoo child, and going off into this solo, doing an awesome job, and he drops his pick. So he stretches the note, bends over and grabs the pick, and then stretches a few more notes and holds them, as if he meant to do it all in the first place, and making it sound good. Completely improvised. Now thats talent.

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> SRV is a touchy subject to me ......... His music is some of my favorite ! I was going to see him at the show he did just before he died ....... I'll never forgive myself for not going !

6. MXmastermike

MXmastermike 1/2 ton status

wow thats terrible. thinking you could just see him play another time, and then you never get the chance. man I would give my jimmy to be able to have seen that show.

Rolling stones are coming to columbus, but im kind of leary about paying 150 for decent seats, and i've heard mixed reviews on their shows.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There is some new music I like. Bands like Linkin Park, Disturbed, P.O.D.,Papa Roach, And Hed P.E..

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I like some of the newer stuff... Don't listen to the radio or watch MTV much anymore though, so I don't know half the new stuff... But I'm a fan of Linkin Park, Staind, Limp Bizkit, Nelly, P Diddy, EMINEM, Ludacris, Nappy Roots... Bunch of other people too... Been listening to a lot of rap lately, can't go wrong with some Enya (/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif)... I could go on for a long time with my likes and dislikes, but Mad TV is over in ten minutes and I haven't been watching it... 3 AM is my bedtime /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I cant stand alot of this hip hop crap.But i can say that eminem is a lyrical genious.He reminds me of tupac or rakim.He always has the right words,and his new album is better than all of his old ones because hes more mature in this one. Other than that there is alot of $hitty music and its mainly because record labels just want to put a good face behind the mic so they can make big money real fast and then drop em when they are a waste.

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Where is Ice Cube when you need him.....

11. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

M&amp;M sucks.He's a little bitch!.Hey riz a list of bands to check out.

Skinlab
    Helmet
    Snot
    Ultraspank
    Flaw
    Ill Nino
    Element of Surprise
    Amen
    Kyuss
    Unida
    Chimaira
    Stitch
    Revielle
    Switched
    Taproot
    Soulfly

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I saw the Stones about 2 years ago. It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.( and I've been to alot from the Eagles to Godsmack) I wasn't even a huge fan at the time. (yup, the tix were expensive then too, but my ticket was paid for./forums/images/icons/cool.gif) I love them after seeing that show!

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Eminem ??? Try I.C.P. !!!!!

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Got an ICP cd... don't care for em

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Also ...

Twiztid
    Blaze ya dead homie
    Anybody Killa
    Dark Lotus

16. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I.C.P.????/They were kool once upon a time but i got bored with them they are even more profane then eminem.Thats hard to do.
    BUT i do like the great melinko i think thats how you spell it.

17. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Saw the Stones twice in one week back in the late seventies (that's 1970's for those not born yet). They played here (Louisville) on a Sunday night, then decided to do Indy on the following Friday - so we went! I got a few decent pix, too. Jagger is all over the stage! Then there was Genisis - with Peter Gabriel. Fried some brain cells that night!

Try listening to public radio for a while. There's a LOT of good new stuff out there - not necessarily rock-n-roll, but not elevator music either.

18. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

"Yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, you'll never make a saint of me!" One of the newer Stones songs that I love(and can relate to!)/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. zcubed

zcubed Registered Member

Most evrything out there right now is CRAP!!! I've been pulling out older stuff to listen to, because there's nothing good on the radio. I mean what the hell is up with that last Kid Rock CRAP??? Devil Without A Cause was such a killer cd, and then he puts out that last crap??? I rushed to the store the first day it was released to buy it, then i listened to bits and pieces of it, and then put it up because it SUCKS so bad!!! I don't know about ya'll but our local station just plays the same CRAP over and over and over. I'm SICK of P.O.D!!! I'm SICK of Poppa Roach!!! I'm SICK of Staind!!! I'm SICK of Incubus!!! I'm SICK of Tool!!! I'm SICK of Rob Zombie!!! I'm SICK of Godsmack!!! Etc., etc., etc. About the only new stuff out there that's worth listening to these days is that band from Iceland, Quarangi? (something like that).

I went to the University of Texas (Austin) during the mid-80's (right when SRV was starting to take off), and we used to get to see him every so often at big parties and also around town. It was SWEET!!! He was an INCREDIBLE musician.

I saw the Stones in '89. It was good, just because it was the Stones. If you've never seen them then you should go. Not because they put on a good show, but just because they're the Stones. LOL

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Nedding Game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!