Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Offroad park in KY..Grand opening

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by big pappa b, May 3, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Not sure how many of you visit Pirate but a new park will be opening in Harlan, KY June 3-5 (grand opening). For me it's abut the same distance as Tellico (120 m miles). Gonna have lots of prize giveaways. It's a 7200 acre place. Here's the link to the Kentucky Mountain Crawlers webpage Grand Opening
    Free camping and wheeling. Private park so no vehicle registration needed.

2. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

sweet! I can't wait to have my truck done!! I'm definently going to have to go there.

3. rivermtnman

rivermtnman 1/2 ton status

All right!!! Something in my back yard. Although everbodys back yard looks like that around here. After ECBB at Tellico this year, me and Possum think it reminds us so much of where we live, wondered why a park couldnt be put even closer. Then we realize the stinkin VA lift laws we have. Was reading in 4W&OR this morning and SEMA said they failed to pass a law trying to keep it between 14-22" frame height. VA is for Lovers?? of what?? cant be real 4x4's, must be all those highway only 4x4's.

4. rivermtnman

rivermtnman 1/2 ton status

We made it to the grand opening. It was pretty cool, great cookout, some really neat prizes. We ran the class 2 and 3 trails. They were easy for the old truck, but we couldnt do any class 4 or 5's. They're new and are working on more trails everyday. I would recommend y'all check it out if you get a chance. Alot of talk on other sites about the Mason Jar trail. We were at the trailhead watchin some come in, alot of action there. Where was K5'ers at??Here's a few of the more extreme pics.

100_3570 upper.jpg

100_3529.jpg