Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Offroadtec Locker?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Nov 8, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.killeraxles.com/html/offroadtec_locker.html

I just read about it in the newest 4wheel and off road mag. They tested this vaccuum locker on a first gen blazer. It's operated by a shifting fork inside the cover!?
    It's like $790 for a Dana60 application and they make these lockers to be activated by vaccuum, air, or electric selenoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Hey that's the locker with the toaster oven on the cover that I posted a couple months ago. The guy that makes them in Germany posted to the thread in which I talked about it. He said that it was coming to the states but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon. I'd hold off on getting it fora bit, he said that they were trying to fit the toaster oven inside the diff in future models. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

saw it in 4WOR and all I could think about was your "toster oven" comment!

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

That locker looks pretty cool, the price doesn't. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I guess it fits in the same category as the ARB and OX. My only concern is the "toaster oven" as Shaggy put it. It would suck to bash that thing apart on the rocks or in mud.

But, it always helps to have more options on the market, maybe it will help drive the costs down with a little competition. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Comedy credit where it's due - yunit called it a toaster oven before me. </font color>