Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New (old) suburban bought

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by azblazor, Nov 2, 2002.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well we did it. We replaced the stolen 93 Suburban with a 1978 Scottsdale, picked it up tonight: (AZ truck - no rust)

396 BBC, EDlebrock intake, Carter AFB 650, Open chambered heads, TRW forged pistons, Pink connecting rods, forged crank, Cloys-Double true roller timing chain, Edlebrock RPM cam and lifters, Competition Cams "Magnum" roller tip rocker arms, Hooker headers, dual Flowmasters
    Aluminum battery box - Optima battery, Factory Tach

TH400 rebuilt w/Hughes Torque convertor (oversized stator bearing and brazed fins)/NP205/10b with Warn Premiums/12b w/ Auburn Gear LS and Mosher Axles,

4" lift w/ new 15x10 Centerlines and 35" BFG ATKO's,

New interior: full carpet, new upholstery, headliner, dash;

Dual air, new compressor and evaporator,

Lokar floor shifter (the whole reason I bought it :-))

No leaks or seeps ANYWHERE, very tight ship, very fun drive.

We were looking for a diesel and a 3/4 ton, but hey it's still a SUBURBAN. And NO MORE IFS problems.

NOW lets see..... I need a BBC fuel injection system, 4L80E, Dana 60, 14FF........ /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Sweet burb!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Get some pics ASAP

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sounds great! I'm still debating whether to get an old Burb and build it how I want it or a 87-91 with FI already............

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

BlazzinOR

in reply to:

"I'm still debating whether to get an old Burb and build it how I want it or a 87-91 with FI already............ "

There's an 89 Burb at work in Salt lake with newly built tbi383 3/4ton with headers and perf exhaust. The suspension is stock, and the body is good. Blue and white like muddusub used to be. I think he wants $5,500 for it.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the info. I've got plenty to choose from locally if and when I'm ready.............. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif