Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Orleans evacuees taking advantage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by koldsimer, Dec 3, 2005.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wanted to share some of my recent frustrations with Hurricane Katrine evacuees. Working in retail I get my fair share of a$$holes on a daily basis. These N.O. evacuees take the cake though. Where do I start? I run a retail store that is generous enough to offer a 30% discount to anybody affected by the hurricanes. I've had guys that have the balls to ask for more of a discount because they are "victims". Lets see, 30% which is only 5% less than what I get for my employee discount. Or, "yo throw that cleaner in" Yeah right. I can count on one hand how many thanked me for the discount.... I have busted at least 20 guys trying to steal shoes and then they get offended when you bust there dumb assses?! I hired a girl who moved here from NO about a month before the storm hit. Her and her punk crooked ass boyfriend are now in a discounted apt. and trying to apply for FEMA aid because they claim they were there for the storm. Unbelievable... Apparently the public school system in NO is in dire need of a curriculum makeover. I now know that the preferred method for requesting a price in N.O. is "How much dis is?" Also, "ay" is the most commonly used word for gaining someones attention. An increase in volume and frequency of "ay's" is also not uncommon. Of the approximately 2-3k evacuees i have personally dealt with, maybe 5 of them asked me for an application. The overall mentality of N.O. evac's seems to be, "what can I get for free?" It's frustrating because I think of all the sensible people outside of N.O. and the lack of attention their communities have received. What a joke. It amazes me... if I was rendered homeless and left with next to no personal belongings, the last thing on my mind would be buying multiple pairs of friggin $90 Timberland boots on my red cross card. I may very well be crazy but I know that many people in dallas and houston agree with me. My God I hope they go home. Rebuild N.O. so these lunatics can go back to there bowl! Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! Rant over. I feel better already.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm sure that it will take a looonng time to rebuild those particular houses. :rolleyes: There was an e-mail a few weeks ago that made the rounds in La. It asked for $$ to build a statue for Gov. Blanco as she managed to get rid of the Saints and 100000 NOLA Dems all at once. :D

Shame is that you guys only got the worst. Those who are productive are by and large on the way back.

3. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That pretty much sums it up.

4. cbbr

Yep. Its really making the rest of us look good. :rolleyes: Of course, thoe that act that way have been done wrong by (insert everyones name here) because (insert anything here). :wink1:

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I thought they moved all the refugees out of Texas when Rita hit? They took all of ours from College Station I know that.

6. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

They're still here because their house ain't there...

General consensus about town seems that those who weren't looking for handouts are the most appreciative of help, and those that just want the freebies are causing all the trouble and will probably never go away, dammit.

I still see a lot of LA plates on the roads.

7. cbbr

The news is constantly talking about how many of them are still in Houston. The Mayor wants them to move back because he knows that he can't win without them. :rolleyes: Most people wish that he would just move with them.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Only a few came here!..

Our state was given money from FEMA and Homeland Security to house many evacuees from NO at Otis AFB on Cape Cod..they prepared thousands of beds,and food,water,blankets,etc..-even fully furnished apartments!

200 evacuees showed up! :rolleyes: --goes to show how much of a hole this place is..many that did come here couldn't wait to leave!...only a handfull decided to stay here and start a new life!..now the base is closed,all the evacuees have moved on,or gone back to LA...many didn't want to come here at all--too cold,and too far from family..

Much of the money that was supposed to help relocte the others who didn't stay was used for other stuff--like repairing that dam in Taunton in danger of collapse a few months ago I told about here..

One guy watching all this on the news had this comment..he said "Now would be a good time for all the homeless people living in the streets and woods around here to go to the AFB and apply for assistance!..think about it--how would they know if your REALLY from LA or not?--all you'd have to say is all my identifcation and possessions were swept away by Katrina!"....

I wonder how many did just that,and got their 2000 dollar vouchers,and 20 grand in FEMA assistance... :thinking:

Its amazing to see how clever crooks and those who would rather loaf than work for a living are...they act dumb at the welfare office,but can mastermind criminal activity that rivals the Brinks job!..many of them work harder at getting a free ride,than they'ed have to to make an honest living!..but yet,they think its "easy money".. :rolleyes: :screwy: :crazy:

9. cbbr

IIRC there are rules - you have to have been on the dole before (no problem for lots of them - or they verify your address. THe FEMA $$ are not automatic - lots of bitching down here about that - and it takes a couple of days to get the $$. At first i was "free money for everyone" but that ended quickly.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you may be stuck with it ,bro.i read a quote from a football player talking about just that. and he said they don't rebuild ghettos. :( so youz be stuck,dog.