Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new owner..and some pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dill, Oct 17, 2003.

1. dill

dill Registered Member

picked up an '88 K5 from a relative with 35,500 on the ticker (if I didnt know better Id call the owner a liar, but I know better) for $500

its the typical rustbucket, and it should make a good winter driver/play vehicle. It will need a tailgate and rear floor if I ever want to use the rear end of it again. I opened the gate and it pulled the drivers side hinge right through the floor. I also need to take it to my cousin and have him put a nice dual exhaust on it..plus this weekend I'm draining the diffs, replacing the cover gasket on the front, and refilling them with new good oil. Also doing a valve cover gasket and an oil change.

Anyways, you can see the pics of my 'score' and of my cousins newly finished project..its sort of a jeep, but not really. It has a 401 AMC motor at .030, high comp pistons, ported heads, roller rockers, Holley FI, and I dont know what else. It's a sweet ride..I know it has 60's front and rear, and alum 4 link bars, with King Shocks, and a 250 shot of the giggle gas. He does alot of mud runs and hill climbs and hits the sand dunes sometimes.

Truck Stuff

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Link not working. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. dill

dill Registered Member

figures I make a post and upload all my pictures, and my web host goes down... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. dill

dill Registered Member

well it appears my host is down for the count. I uploaded the pictures to a customers site for the time being, unfortunately it doesn't support directory browsing, so I'll have to post the image link 1 by 1.

Jeep 1
    Jeep 2
    Jeep 3
    Jeep 4
    Jeep 5
    Jeep 6
    Jeep 7
    Jeep 8
    Jeep 9

The hood has a real nice mural of The Incredible Hulk on it, captioned "You won't like me when I'm angry"

5. dill

dill Registered Member

6. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

nice blazer for 500 dollars. time to start working on it. welcome by the way. what is that palte on top of the jeeps rear axel for?

69k5

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cool! yea looks like the blazers around here mostly..that ones not no were near as bad as mine were..that right there you can work with! ncie score! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

wow so 500 bucks for that blazer and it looks pretty damned nice dood...is it missing everything but the body and axles?

9. dill

dill Registered Member

I'm not sure what the plate is for...strength maybe? Got me. The entire truck weighs in at 3800 lbs /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I must get a ride in it soon hehe.

The Blazer isn't missing anything..I drove it home. unfortunately the cancer is working its way inside..some of the carpet has a lil rust color to it in the back /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif but for $500 I guess I cant complain.

10. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

repair panels are cheap and easy to weld or braze in

69k5