Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

new part time idea

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I came up with a new idea for a part time "kit" for the np203s. Its too late for me since I already have the Mile Marker shaft kit, but it might save some people some money in the future. We've all heard of lincoln lockers right? (welding the diff. closed in axles) Well, why not apply the same principal to the np203? Is there any way to accomplish that and still be able to get the transfercase out of 4 wheel drive and into 2 wheel dirve. Same principal as the crown gear kit that mile marker offers only instead of wedging the gears together it would weld them together. That would be stronger than the crown gear kit and alot cheaper than the shaft kit. Maybe there is no way to make that work or maybe I am not the first person to think of that, but then again maybe I'm a genious. HAHAHA. What do yall think?

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

The wedges don't wedege the gears together, they replace them.

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    huh, I could have sworn the crown gears wedged the existing diff. gears. Then again i could be wrong.

sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

If you weld it, it will send power to both front and rear axles all the time. With a stock 203, the transfer case acts like spider gears....sending power to either the front or rear, depending on traction. You could do it, but you would have to have manual hubs, and the front and rear driveshaft would be locked together all the time.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.