Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New PBB and MC

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Nov 18, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Here it is again. I think that I am now ready to buy and install a power brake booster and new MC into my Blazer. I just need to know which one. I went to http://www.buyautoparts.com/domestic.asp in the box type in Power Booster and then scroll down to Suburban K20 3/4 ton 4x4, then click continue and on the next screen scroll down to 350 V8 4bbl, and those are the choices that I got [click the link]. Those are for a 1970 Chevy 3/4 ton Suburban which is the setup that I want to install on my Blazer I think from what I have heard talked about in previous posts. Which one of those setups should I get, and will they work as long as I get the correct bracket for it? BTW, I am going to 4 wheel discs.
    Thanks a Million,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Since their URL doesn't change when you go from page to page it makes it kind of difficult. Here are the choices that the page displays: (on the website a couple have pics)

A1 CARDONE 50-1011 POWER BRAKE BOOSTER
    Note: w/master cylinder; reman. 30.00 129.62
    A1 CARDONE 54-71011 POWER BRAKE BOOSTER
    Note: w/o master cylinder; reman. 25.00 105.67
    BENDIX R2508400 REMAN POWER BRAKE UNIT
    Note: 4wd; 12 x 2 frt/rr brake 25.00 93.71
    AUTO CALIPER EXCHANGE, INC. 77628 POWER BRAKE UNIT
    Note: reman. 20.00 100.89
    WAGNER 501011 POWER BRAKE BOOSTER
    Note: w/mstr. cyl. 30.00 127.15
    WAGNER 5471011 POWER BRAKE BOOSTER
    Note: w/o mstr. cyl. 25.00 103.65

2. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I talked to my boss, and he says that you'll need to use a MC out a Corvette, or something that has rear disc brakes. There needs to be a residual check valve or the caliper will not expand correctly and the pad will drag. I got the part nymbers, but they are at work. I will get them tomorrow, as well as prices if I can pull my head out of my "A$$" and remember. LOL. I'll pm you. Oh, and by the way, guess who just bought a 78 Suburban 4x4?
    T-roy
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and by the way, guess who just bought a 78 Suburban 4x4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew, and guess who knew before you did /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and by the way, guess who just bought a 78 Suburban 4x4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew, and guess who knew before you did /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    BAH! Guess you're not looking for that Jeep anymore then Troy? You better finish my bumpers before you start fabbin' some up for your new Burb! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll have to check it out next time I'm up in town.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

He just needs to drive it down here to my place for some side by side pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif