Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New pet peave...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MaxCrack, Mar 7, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Sorry but I have to vent. Lately I've been getting a lot of calls when I am away from my desk andso they leave a message. Every damn one of them has been a long ass rambling message, and at the very end they ask me to call them back and they leave their number very fast and barely understandable. I have had to listen to a few messages 4 or 5 times to get the friggin number, and they are LONG messages. Oh, and I have been telling these people how annoying it is when they do that.

I always leave my number first and slowly and clearly and again at the end of the message.

2. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

My voicemail goes something like this:

"Please leave your name, number and the time you called ONLY and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Failure to follow these instructions may cause my voicemail client to delete your message. Thank you!"

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Heheh...I like that.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

*shakes head* Some people don't know what a "breif message" is.
    You call our office after hours and it says, "Thank you for calling blah blah blah...yadda yadda...we love you very much..yadda yadda yadda...please leave your name, number and a breif message yadda yadda"
    and we get, "Um..ya...uh...my computer...when I click on the thing...uh...it gets some error message...and uh...it's my wife that gets it...uh...please call me back *inaudible*"

uh...um...sure...as soon as we uh...figure out..uh what the **** you just said. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Too many windbags in this world.

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

It's okay tpo have a pet peave, but keep it on a leash.....

I don't understand what the problem is with long rambling messages because sometimes people are bored and just need to talk to someone and all they get is a machine and that does not cause the lonliness to go away and they still need to talk then they forget they are talking to a machine and ramble on unlike some of us who are trained in speech and communication skills that know how to structure a sentence and make it understandable and keep it from running on and on and getting to the point where it is irritating and then the number is always included somewhere in there to call us back because we do not feel like our lonliness has been fullfilled by a machine and we await your reply with such anxiety that we fill the need to call you back over and over again until you angrily reply to us a make us scared and then we feel closed in like no-one ever wants to talk to us for some unknow reason and that makes it even worse because we need even more and more assurance that we are liked so we will call back and leave a long drawn out appology so you will like us again so we can call you back when we feel the need for one on one personal communication because we all know that humans are social creatures.

John

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

wow...is it bad i actually read all of that?

Later

8. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

LMAO!

9. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Hey SkiGirl! Inside of a dog...it is probably very stinky, too.

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif