Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Petersons is out! Some good stuff!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I swear that Kennedy is coming here (and he is registered here) and see's what we are tossing around and throws us bones in 4wheel&off-road.
    We have been tossing brakes around for a few months and all of a sudden he has a great story on brakes! Fess up Kennedy! you are seeing what the latest talk is about here for your story ideas aren't you?
    This is my favorite 4x4 mag by far and Kennedy,Wendy, Hazel and the stories they do are a big part of why. Pewe is Ok too even though he drives a Jeep...it has a GM engine so he can't be all bad /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Kennedy has a good brake artical in this one. Wendy covered Mudstock and got another K5 on the cover.
    Hazel covered Jesse's drive shaft parking brake, good winter driving write up, Kennedy has a write up on a new locker simular to a OX, Hazel has a bending tube story.
    Just an outstanding eddition this time around.
    Sid's truck has a picture up also.
    I have let most of my 4x4 subscriptions expire. At one point I was getting everything but JP. This is one of two that I felt worth keeping up. Very little of the chrome shock garbage, good tech and good event coverage. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I agree...this was an exceptional issue.
    Did you notice the pic of Russ Hogan in his homebrew rockcrawler?....that is a sight (and sound) (and smell at times) that cannot be described....one must witness for themselves.

BTW, for those who did not know, Russ is the "Keeper" of the rock playground and intense woods trails of Disney, Oklahoma. Russ has a nice campground located next to the play area. What an awesome place!

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Yeah, nice article about that german locker (offrotec?) that is similar to the Ox. I am interested in learning more about that one, and the price seems more reasonable too. I noticed they had a photo of the clearance between a stock Chevy tie rod and the finned aluminum diff cover. It looked close, but the article said they cleared each other. I have a rock rod on my truck, I wonder if that'll clear? I hope if anyone gets one soon, they will post here about it!

4. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    This is my favorite 4x4 mag by far and Kennedy,Wendy, Hazel and the stories they do are a big part of why. Pewe is Ok too even though he drives a Jeep...it has a GM engine so he can't be all bad
    Kennedy has a good brake artical in this one. Wendy covered Mudstock and got another K5 on the cover.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry Grim, but does anybody else seriously NOT like Wendy's writing?

5. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

did you se the avalanche without al the plastic stuff, it basically looked like a 1500 pickup. it looks like chevy saw the stupidity in their design and is fixing it.

6. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Excellent rag...mine came with the, "Last issue" warning, but after a thorough reading I gotta go renew.

Honestly I end up skimming most of the articles unless it is something I REALLY want to know. The tube bending for instance, got a slightly deeper skim...and the OXlike locker, that needs a name easier to remember! $689 though is good vs OX but ok vs ARB, nice vs Detroit, crappy vs a LockRight...so against the selectables, it would be hard to beat that price!!!

The tube article made me want to buy one...but the $500 plus of equipment they listed, yikes! Anyone know the price of tubing? In other words would doing my own cage essentially pay for the tubing equipment?

Sam... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

Page 143 at the top. Guy asked about hooking two xfer cases together, response was "call Watson at ORD" etc. the picture at the top of the page shows a Doubler, but the letters on the side say ORU !!!!! Peterson's owes ORD an apology

8. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Great Magazine..along w/ Fourwheeler..
    And I too have noticed a trend in Blazers/ Ck5 stickers in the mags..
    Brian Glass's truck is in one of the advertisement's romping through the mud..
    BlazerBlitzkrieg, thanks to Neil..aka Mudzer..
    Steve Fox's blazer has been in the mags a few times..
    Dblazer's truck was also in 4Wheeland Offroad..
    Woooo hooo... the word is out .. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

top of pg 18 is my old heep in the readers rides this month. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and yes wendy sucks. she couldn't write down the parts that were in a featured rig if the owner told her(oh wait, they do tell her) /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

but in general, peterson's is the ONLY 4wd rag as far as i'm concerned. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you guys see that 1st gen blazer with the '69/'70 grille that's a sand and mud dragster. Had a 1300 HP engine. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif