Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Phone... Bling, Cool, Waste, Amazing, or ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Feb 3, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

Long story short, dropped old phone in toilet. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I work in an office where a PDA is useful, and I take lots of pictures. I would say I will use 75% of this phone's features on a daily basis. The rest I'd use occasionally. Games and such.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/3620

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Cool phone. But what you really need is a phone with a little more power.

The IMT-2000 is what you really need.

[​IMG]

<ul type="square"> [*]Embedded Linux (Kernel 2.4.0) [*]32MB SDRAM plus 32MB Flash memory [*]4" TFT LCD display [*]Bluetooth interface [*]Camera [/list]

You could surf CK5.com from almost anywhere!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

<ul type="square"> [*]Embedded Linux (Kernel 2.4.0) [*]32MB SDRAM plus 32MB Flash memory [*]4" TFT LCD display [*]Bluetooth interface [*]Camera [/list]

You could surf CK5.com from almost anywhere!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the 'Drool Smilie' when I need it??? Linux??? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where's the 'Drool Smilie' when I need it???

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a walkman in 1986 that was smaller than that thing... You'd need a frickin' backpack to haul it around! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I work for a company that specializes in embedded linux for all sorts of devices, including cell phones and whatnot. There are some COOL things that run embedded linux on the horizon...

6. NetBlazer

NetBlazer Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]

Embedded Linux (Kernel 2.4.0)
    32MB SDRAM plus 32MB Flash memory
    4" TFT LCD display
    Bluetooth interface
    Camera

[/ QUOTE ]
    If you are a hardcore LINUX geek (I mean that in only the nicest way of course /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif) and don't mind having an enormous monster of a phone.

For something a bit more phone like with PDA and camera (not to mention the ability to surf anywhere, and thousands of applications for nearly every conceivable need) I would go this route:

Handspring Treo 600
    [​IMG]

This will be my next phone, my current one is the old treo. I love the functionality of it and the keyboard is a godsend for those of us that type better than we scribble /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif but it's getting a bit old, and it's pretty bulky so it's time for an upgrade.

Of course if you pray at the "Church of Bill" and need Micro$oft as part of the picture, there are a host of PocketPC based phones too, but they are a bit large for my tastes.....

Of course your mileage may vary. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Tough to respond without a price (which I couldn't find on the website). /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tough to respond without a price (which I couldn't find on the website). /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is $200 with a contract, $330 without a contract. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif