Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

New Photos, Doubler, Shock Mounts, Revolver

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Feb 15, 2002.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

A lot of new photos. I'll have to take several again, as the light stunk in these photos. Have had it on the road for about 2 weeks now. Stuck once, almost stuck twice. Wish I would have had camera for the stuck as I stuck right front tire in a about a 4 foot sink hole. Pulled out by HUMMER. The time I got stuck was when I had my 35's on instead of 39.5 Boggers so don't feel too bad. The doubler crawl ratio is amazing. On road with 35's, no shimmys, vibs, or shakes. Awesome. Shafts from High Angle are great as was service. RS9012's good to go too, and the Revolvers don't open anymore during wrap-up (controlled by shocks). So all is well, and now on to new bumpers, new cage, guages, winch,... ah hell, there goes the tax return. Also have to cut more sheet metal out of front wheel well to clear the 39 Boggers under full compression, lets just say the 35's still hit when in full compression. See pics at http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Schimdt4

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Dang man!!! You anint messing around. Allthough, i would be careful about that rear axle. A 14FF just isnt that strong even with the truss. Ya might break that thing. [​IMG] Oh, and where are you rubbing with the 35s? In the back??? How much total lift? 8in.? That thing flexs like crazy to rub 35s. Very cool!

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Schimdt4>Clicky!!</a> [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Hey general,

I'm just wondering where are located. I wouldn't mind checking out that truck!

Later,

Corey
    (Goldsboro NC)

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez</a>

5. mnstr_fx

mnstr_fx Registered Member

General,

Your doubler turned out great! It looks almost like mine. I ended up using two factory cross members as well. What is your total lift and did you relocate your front axle forward any? I noticed that you had to notch the front edge of the front cross member.

76-82 Chevy Pickup / Blazer - K5-K10-K30
    90' TBI
    TH 400
    203 / 205 Doubler
    Dana 60, Corp 14 - 4.88'd - Detroit Locked

6. TheGeneral

Wes, thanks for the clicky, one day I will learn that. She has 6 inch suspension, 3 body. Wasn't sure about keeping body, but was able to becuase tucked the transcase up tight and she is clocked. Steve wasn't sure about the throw on the shifter via the stock boot and hole in tub, but it worked out great. Double factory crossmembers worked great, only thing to do is skid plate. The notch was in leiu of buidling a tunnel that went up over shaft. Didn't really have a lot of room that way over the 1350 CV and exhaust, so went with the under eath. Had to notch it for full droop of the shaft. Haven't moved the axle forward, but might. I still have some metal to cut out (take out entire inner fender) in back of front wheel wells. That is where the 35's rub. I am in Jacksonville, NC.

The General

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I have to talk to my monitor. I want to get stationed in with you sir.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

8. TheGeneral

What MOS? SAPPER is from here too, ESB. Going out on a trail ride tomorrow. Take care, good luck, SEMPER FI !

The General

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

sweet ride,
    i was wondering about relocated axles as well.
    just optical illusion from little tires to big?

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

10. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

General, what is the price and part #'s on the revolver shackles. I called teraflex a while back and they said I would need them special made.

11. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I would also like some more input on the shackles? Are they acceptable, look very nice, how do they do going down the road at 65 and driving on corners on winding roads, is there alot of body role?I too would like to get a set and would like the part number if possible and where did you get the spring hangers for the rear, those are nice! I will need them for the 1 ton conversion this summer, over all I think your K 5 is one of a few that stand out in my mind! AWESOME JOB!

12. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I'm a 2171 doing I&amp;I duty with 4th LAR BN on Camp Pendleton. We have a few Marines, former Marines, and civilians that go out together out here.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

13. TheGeneral

Revolvers, the more I use them the more I am impressed. I originally thought I would have to build a second conventional shackle and quick disconnect to go over the revolver to keep it tied up on road, but then I got the shocks done, and all is well, even at 70 with 39 boggers. No problems. I got mine from Metal Made, tera flex gave me the number, as they did not make the ones for Heavy trucks. They are worth the money in my opinion, do crazy flex, but a little more to help keep things on the ground.

The General

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status